part 5

It was raining and dark, I  hid under the awning of a local corner store. Even so my fur was wet and my mood was not the most pleasant. I was tired and I didn't know what to do next, I could look for clues but they were all gone, removed like the peacefulness in a house after a storm. Speaking of storms, lightning struck in one bolt. I skittered across the wet concrete in fright, my claws making a horrible sound. Even for a cat like me you can be easily scared. A girl was walking closer and closer to me, she had long, black, shiny hair with white blond streaks that were obviously not natural. She was in a dark gray hoodie and had black makeup. She slowly went towards me, step by step. When she got close she reached out her hand, crouched down, and smiled. "Awww, Mr. Kitty, you're all wet." I didn't know her, was she just being nice? Yes, yes she was. She let me sniff her hand and then took me into her car, it was bright red and the inside smelled like perfume and laundry detergent. The seats were leather and everything looked shiny and new. She sat in the front and started the car, this was better than being out in the rain I guess. We arrived at her apartment and you wouldn't believe what I saw.