25. The Diary of T.M.Riddle

(Y/N)'s POV

He and Hermione stood in a hug for only a few seconds until (Y/N) spoke again. "Hermione."

"Yes," she said

"Does Millicent Bulstrode have a cat?"

As soon as the words left his mouth, Hermione's grip loosened and she let out a small eep before she pushed (Y/N) to the floor and ran back inside the cubicle.

"Is that why you didn't come out?" said (Y/N), as he got back to his feet and dusted himself off. "That's really not a big deal."

"Not a big deal?" said Hermione, "I'm a cat, (Y/N)!"

(Y/N) just sighed as he took his wand from his pocket and pointed it at the cubicle door. "Alohomora," said (Y/N), the lock on the cubicle door snapped open and Hermione let out another little eep.

(Y/N) pushed open the cubicle door open with one hand as Hermione shoved it back, in a desperate attempt to hide herself. "(Y/N), leave me alone!"

"Why would I do that?"

"B-Because I'm hideous!" shouted Hermione as she lost the battle to close the cubicle door and (Y/N) stood in front of her. She sat on the toilet as tears began to form in her eyes. "I'm —"

"Really cute," said (Y/N).

Hermione quickly looked back up at him with her ready eyes. "C-Cute."

"Yeah, I'm not sure why you think your hideous," he said as he gave her his hand to pull her up. "I don't think your hideous."

"Y-You don't," said Hermione in a small voice.

"Of course I don't. I love cats so if anything this in an improvement," said (Y/N), his eyes quickly widening as he realised his mistake. "Not that your ugly or anything when you're normal, it's just — well you know what I mean."

Hermione just giggled. "Thank you," she said, "for thinking I'm not ugly."

(Y/N) just sighed and let out a small chuckle. "I'm sure this won't last long, we can Pomfrey if we need to."

"How are we going to explain this?" said Hermione.

"She never really asks questions, unless you're me. But she'll always put the well-being of someone first, so it really won't be a problem."

"Are you sure?" said Hermione nervously.

"Yeah, positive."

A silence entered the room for a few minutes until Hermione spoke. "Thank you," she said, "for telling me that story. I know that couldn't've been easy for you.

(Y/N) just looked at the misty-eyed Hermione before he checked his watch. "I wonder where Harry and Ron are," he said, in a very poor attempt to change the subject as he walked out the cubicle. "I really hope they're alright."

Suddenly, the bathroom door opened and (Y/N) heard the voice of Ron and the sound of a closing cubicle door. "Well, it wasn't a complete waste of time," he said breathlessly. "I know we still haven't found out who's doing the attacks, but I'm going to write to Dad tomorrow and tell him to check under the Malfoy's drawing room."

(Y/N) sulked as he made his way to his friends. The both of them completely back to normal. "You didn't find out who's behind the attacks," he said, "it wasn't Malfoy?"

Both Harry and Ron shook their heads and Ron walked over to Hermione's cubicle. "Ron, that's not a good idea —"

"Hermione, come out, we've got loads to tell you —"