32. Self Discovery

Harry's POV

"I should stop hanging out with you Harry. I probably won't — but I should."

Harry sat with his back against the wall in pure shock and disbelief. His friend was smirking at him while leaning against a sword that he had just used to stab a diary that held the young version of a dark wizard.

He felt the strong urge to either laugh or curl up and go to sleep. He looked around the chamber to see where Ginny was and it was perfect timing.

A faint moan came from behind a pillar in the chamber. Ginny must've been stirring. (Y/N) walked over to Harry before extending a hand for him to pull himself up with.

Harry didn't object and (Y/N) pulled him up. His knees were weak and he felt like he could've toppled over at any moment but that didn't stop him.

He made his way over to Ginny while (Y/N) went off to go get something. Harry got to Ginny just in time for her to sit up. Her bemused eyes travelled from the hug form of the dead Basilisk, over Harry, in his blood-soaked robes, then to the diary in his hand.

She drew a great, shuddering gasp and tears began to put down her face.

"Harry — oh, Harry — I tried to tell you at b-breakfast, but I c-couldn't say it in front of Percy. It was me, Harrybut I — I s-swear I d-didn't mean to — R-Riddle made me, he t-took me over — and how did you kill that - that thing. W-Where's Riddle? The last thing I r-remember is him coming out of the diary — (Y/N)! We need to find (Y/N)! Riddle's going to kill —"

"Pretty sure that little confrontation went a lot differently than you think, Ginny."

(Y/N)'s voice came from near the end of the chamber. Harry turned his head to see (Y/N) walking over to the two of them, his own wand in one hand, and two wands in the other. "Either of you two lose a wand?"

He chucked Harry his own before Ginny jumped to her feet and tackled (Y/N) into a hug. "I-I'm so s-sorry (Y/N)! I — I almost got you killed!"

(Y/N) wrapped his arms around her before sighing heavily. "From what I've heard, Ginny. You saved me. If anything I owe you my life."

"S-Saved you?" squeaked Ginny, tears leaking from her eyes.

"That right," said (Y/N) softly, "you're one of the reasons I'm here right now. That and the fact I kicked Riddle's arse."

(Y/N) broke the hug that he and Ginny were in before he took her hand. "Let's get out of here, alright?"

Ginny just meekly nodded her head and the two of them made their way over to Harry.

Harry gave (Y/N) a pat on the shoulder and a grateful smile before pulling him into a one-handed hug of his own. "Thanks, seriously mate."

"Next time, don't let the creepy weirdo take your wand, Potter," chuckled (Y/N).

Harry just snickered before he broke the hug and began to walk out the chamber. The three of them moved past the corpse of the Basilisk and (Y/N) shouted suddenly.

"Oh! Let's no forget these!" said (Y/N)' letting go of Ginny's had as he made his way back to the Sorting Hat, sword and diary. (Y/N) rolled the hat up a shoved into his pocket.