8. New People and Missing Duo

(Y/N)'s POV

(Y/N) and the Weasley's rushed through King's Cross and came to the wall that separated the station and Platform Nine and Three Quarters.

Percy and both of the twins had already ran through the wall but Ginny stayed there with a tight grip on her trolley and a scared expression.

(Y/N) could understand her fear even if he hadn't experienced it before. So he jogged over to Ginny and gave her a smile. "How about you and me walk in there together?"

Ginny looked towards him, gave him a grateful smile and nodded her head. "Alright then Gin, three, two, one." Both of them jogged towards the wall and just like they should've, went straight through it onto the platform.

"Alright lets get you on the train and we can find a compartment." (Y/N) gave Ginny a few minutes with her parents and after she finished, (Y/N) helped her get all her stuff onto the train.

The two of them walked down the aisle of the train, passing by numerous compartments that were unfortunately full or could only offer room to one of them. Finally after a few more minutes of searching, they found a compartment with only one occupant.

Looking into the compartment, (Y/N) saw a first year girl sitting by herself. From what (Y/N) could see, she had dirty blonde hair, her wand tucked behind her ear and an odd necklace made of what looked like bottle caps. The weirdest thing though was the upside down magazine she was reading.

(Y/N) lightly knocked on the compartment door and slid it open. The first year looked away from the odd magazine she was reading and turned her attention to (Y/N) and Ginny. "Hello, you don't mind if me and my friend sit here do you?"

The girl just looked at (Y/N) and gave him a smile while motioning for the two to sit down. "Of course, I don't mind." Ginny tugged on the back of (Y/N)'s robes and gave him a scared look but (Y/N) gave her a smile and brought both his and her stuff into the compartment.

"My name's (Y/N) (L/N) and this is Ginny Weasley. I didn't see you last year so that must mean you're a first year. Well I'm a second year and Ginny here is a first year as well." (Y/N) explained as he took a seat after putting away their things on the shelves above them. "Can I ask your name?"

"My name's Luna Lovegood." (Y/N) went to compliment her name but the girl he now knew was Luna spoke first. "You have really nice eyes. The (E/C) in them really shines."

Her somewhat thousand yard stare didn't drop for a moment as she spoke and (Y/N) couldn't help but blush. "Thank you. Uhm your eyes are nice as well."

Then Luna turned her attention to Ginny, "I like your hair as well. It's like a Porlock's fur."
Luna once again smiled but Ginny look puzzled until Luna explain further. "A Porlock is a magical beast, they guard horses. There's some here in England and also Southern Ireland."

(Y/N) smiled at the Luna's magical beast knowledge but Ginny's puzzled look quickly turned into a frown. "Are you calling me a horse?!" Ginny rose from her seat with a furious expression, Luna looked up at her with her dream expression and (Y/N) rose from his seat to calm down Ginny.

"No that's not what she meant or said Ginny!"

...

Hermione's POV

She walked down the aisle looking for (Y/N), Harry and Ron, expecting them to be in the same compartment but instead she only found (Y/N).

(Y/N) was in a compartment with two girls. One was Ginny Weasley who Hermione recognised from Diagon Alley, but the other girl was a complete mystery. The three of them seemed to be having a great time, with (Y/N) saying something and both of the girls laughing merrily.