Chapter Thirteen

You'd officially been in San Andreas for nearly two months. Gabi had settled into your trailer and had gotten a weekend job at a nearby bar. 

"You would not believe the crackheads I saw tonight!" seemed to be her new catchphrase every time she walked through the door in the early hours of the morning. The two of you typically shared the bed with Gabi occasionally sleeping on the couch if she came home when you were sleeping. You hadn't had any sex since your inebriated encounter and you were hoping on keeping it that way. 

Every other day you ran around doing odd jobs at odd times for Trevor. It was mostly menial tasks like transporting things to and from places by yourself, sometimes with Wade or Trevor. You'd made a decent amount of money from it; almost enough to go back home. Part of you insisted on staying, though. You weren't sure if it was because you were homesick or if you were scared of what Trevor would do should you leave. Honestly, at this point, I'm surprised he's paying me. If I don't have money, I can't leave, you thought as you got dressed for the day and put some makeup on. 

It had been two days since the last time you'd had to do a job for Trevor, and even longer since the pair of you had hung out. You had to admit it, you missed hanging out with his unpredictable ass and listening to his playful banter.

You began to sit on the couch and, as if your mind had been read, a knock sounded on the door.

"Can you get it?" Gabi shouted from the bedroom. You gave a grunt in response as you heaved yourself off the couch, approached the door, and opened it to find Trevor grinning. 

Before you could say anything, he moved past you and began pacing. "Guess what? Guess what?" he repeated as he walked back and forth. He seemed more energized than usual.

"I don't think I could ever guess what's going on in your head," you sighed. 

He made a loud buzzer sound. "ENNGH! Wrong! I found out from a very trusted source that some very very very nice supplies're on a boat north of Paleto Bay. The only problem is that the MC has ahold of it. Those fuckers seem to pop up like rabbits. I can never get rid of them. You and I and Mikey are gonna drive up there, take the guns, and run. I'd have Franklin drive, but he's not picking up my calls for some reason."

"Alright, sounds good, I guess. When are we doing it?"

"Now."

"O-oh, okay. Where's Michael?" you asked, slightly frustrated at the short notice. 

"I still need to ask him," Trevor said while holding a finger up and whipping his phone out. He called Michael and put him on speaker.

"What do you want?" Michael groaned.

"Road trip, porkchop! You, me, and [Y/N] are going up to Paleto Bay to grab some military grade boom boom sticks," Trevor said cheerfully.

Silence occurred for a moment on the other side of the phone, then Michael gently yet sternly said, "T, I told you. I'm done. That job we did two months ago was because I owed you. No more. You're gonna have to find someone else."

"Come on, man," Trevor whined. "Don't ya miss the old times? Us against the world out on the road? Nobody to fear but fear itself? Do it for me. Hey, I'll even give you 40% of the profits if you want..."

A long sigh came from over the phone. "Okay, okay. Fine. One condition, though-- don't tell Amanda or the kids. They'll kill me."

"Sure, sure, sure. Now get your ass over to my place!" Trevor hung up and pumped a fist in excitement before quickly putting it down and staring at you. "I'm gonna go get ready. See you in about an hour," he said before going out the door as suddenly as he'd arrived.