Chapter One

(A/N: we wrote this a while ago and looking back at it, it sucks. so there is a chance we might rewrite it! so stay tuned for a better written/more in depth to the moon and back!!)

*After school in the girl's bathroom*

y/n pov-

"You're late y/n," Hanako said to me nose to nose with his hands on my shoulders, my heart beating rapidly. "I'm sorry, I had to stay after class and re-do a test" I mumbled, pushing him away to grab the mop and gloves.

"Ya know you visiting me during class is really affecting my grades" I signed while continuing to mop. "You don't like me visiting?" he said, levitating over me, making direct eye contact. "No of course not, I love you. I mean I love you visiting me, it's just i-" I stumble over my words trying to not drop the bucket of water. "Careful," Hanako says, moving closer, "You'll get wet."

I hate when he messes with me yet I do find his concern charming, and I hate cleaning the stupid bathrooms although I do like his company.

*later*

"it's late, I should get going," I say, ringing out the toilet sponge. "You wish to leave me?" he says with a frown then goes to his window to be dramatic, like usual. "You know I was gonna show you something but I guess if you want to leave me that's ok" he sighed, his head resting on his knee. "Well, maybe I could tell my mom I'm staying at Aoi's house" I exclaimed. His face lit up as he rushed to grab my hand "follow me" he led me up to the roof.

*on the roof*

He had a very excited expression on his face as if he had been waiting to show me this for a long time. We laid down on the roof and looked at the stars, my hand still in his. "That one there is Jupiter," he said pointing out the brightest star in the sky, "oh and that's Capricorn," he said pointing to a formation "I can't see it," I said trying to make out the figure "here," he said pulling me closer, I could feel my heart pounding in my chest. "It's beautiful," I said "yeah it really is," he said, glancing at me. I moved my head to be on his chest like a pillow, "how do you know so much about constellations anyway" I asked softly, "well I've had a lot of time to learn" he said chuckling softly. As we looked into the moon and the stars, time stopped, everything felt perfect. "Look y/n it's Orion's belt! In ancient Egyptian mythology, Orion and the bright star Sirius symbolize Osiris and Isis. Ancient Egyptians assumed that the gods descended from Sirius and the Belt of Orion, and instigated the human race." said Hanako sitting up excitedly, I wanted to call him a nerd but I let him have his moment, after all, he's cute when he's rambling, we laid back down, side by side, talking about the stars and constellations. Then for a moment we locked eyes and smiled softly at each other, he looked back at the stars but I continued to look at him, the way his eyes sparkled in the moonlight, the way a soft smile lay on his face, it was at this moment I knew. I was in love with a ghost.