Chapter six

*in class*

"Hello there y/n," exclaims Hanako slamming his hands down on my desk causing me to jump, "I thought we agreed no more jumpscares in class," I whisper. "But I was dying to see you" he whines as he lays his head down on my desk and starts to draw shapes with his finger. "So what are you doing after school?" he asks, "cleaning the bathroom?" I mumble, "well today is your day off, meet me outside the bathroom after school okay?" he blurted then disappeared out of the classroom. "That's strange..." I think to myself. What could he have planned?

*after school*

I gather my things, put them in my locker, and head to the bathroom. Once I got there I saw Hanako floating criss-cross in the doorway holding a tiny mokke in his hands, "I'm here, so what do you have planned?" I said tilting my head, slowly walking over to Hanako and picking up the tiny mokke from out of his cold hands.

"Well you see y/n, I thought you could have a break from cleaning and you would enjoy going on a little adventure with me?" he asked standing up with a little smirk on his face, "I don't see why not." I say shrugging my shoulders and placing the mokke on the floor and getting a little piece of candy from out of pocket, "here you go little buddy, now go find your friends before it starts getting dark." I say placing the small wrapped strawberry candy on its head.

Hanako was still floating in the air but was stretching out his limbs like he had been floating in his criss-cross position ever since he left my class earlier. "So where are we going?" I say patting him on the head, he stood up "that my friend, is a surprise." he said secretly. "A surprise? you know I hate SU-" Hanako opens up a portal below us causing us to both fall in.

The light started to change, there were weird patterns and colors, where am I?

I woke up on the ground, "Hanako?" I say leaning forward and looking around to see that I was no longer on earth. "Are you okay, y/n?" I look up to see Hanako reaching his hand out to me, "for now." I grab his hand and pull myself up from the ground and wipe the dust off myself. I looked around to see that we were in an abandoned skating rink, "Surprise!" Hanako said, doing small jazz hands, "we are going to skate!". I start looking around just to make sure there aren't any complications of Hanako's perfect surprise, "let's go grab our skates from the counter!" Hanako said, doing a little prance at the counter.

I've never learned how to roller skate... but I have to do it for Hanako. He seems so happy... and I don't want to ruin that.

I made my way up to the counter, grabbed my shoe size, and walked back to a bench to try them on. "They fit, how about you?" I say turning my head to see Hanako fidgeting with the wheels of a spare pair of skates from the back. I bring myself to my feet but immediately trip on the skates, Hanako jumps behind me and catches me keeping me from falling. "Hanako I don't know how to skate." I admit, "I'll help you." he smiles holding out his hand.

His hands were so soft.

We walk over to the rink and we step in. it felt weird to skate but it was kinda scary. I look up at Hanako who was holding my hands, he looked so peaceful.

I got the hang of it after a few minutes, but for "safety" reasons I continue to hold his hand.

He smiles and starts skating backward in front of me while we hold hands.

Everything went cold, the air was cold, the floor felt like ice but yet it was still peaceful, "any song recommendations?" asks Hanako skating circles around me, trying to follow him with my eyes while staying on my feet, I replied, "how about (song name) by

(artist name)?". Hanako floats over to the jukebox and puts the song in. The song starts playing and Hanako grabs my hands pulling me around the skating rink "see it's easy." he says spinning around, "You're literally floating." I replied, rolling my eyes.

*later that night*

I plow my feet in and come to a stop, "I'm tired," I say turning my head to Hanako, "can we go back? My mom is going to get worried if I'm not home by sundown." I yawn, "sure thing y/n." Hanako replied, grabbing my hand to take us back to the counter to return our skates.

I slip my shoes back on, "I appreciate it Hanako, I needed this." I stand up and stretch my arms out, "no problem y/n, I had a ton of fun!" Hanako said giggling. He was so energetic, even after hours of skating, nothing wears him out.

Hanako opens the portal in front of us and we jump in. everything looked the same as when I first went into the portal, everything around me was black with colorful shapes floating around me. The shapes start to fade away and the black turns to white and I start to feel dizzy.

"y/n? Are you okay?" I hear faintly in a distance. I slowly open my eyes to see Hanako and Kou hovering over me. I lean forward and crisscross my legs and look around. We were back in the bathroom, "did I hit my head on something?" I say rubbing my head, "I would assume so, you kinda took a nap after we exited the portal and I didn't want to wake you from your slumber until Kou came." Hanako giggled patting the top of my head. "You didn't have to wait for me." you said rolling his eyes