chapter ten, the end.

*a week later*

Me and Hanako have gotten very close and have gone back to our old playfully flirty practically dating routine, although we weren't dating. I could help but think Hanako was leading me on but I think he was just protecting me. He's been getting many messages from his brother. At first, I was worried but what was he gonna do, kill Hanako? We were sitting on the railing of the balcony when Tsukasa showed up in front of us. Kou immediately jumped up in front of me with his staff while Hanako approached him. "What do you want?" asserts Hanako "just to visit my brother." he smirks, "aww still protecting your little girlfriend~" he teases approaching me. "Leave her alone," growls Hanako. "Calm down, I'm just messing around." he gives me a slick smile and backs up "you're lucky I can't touch her, or I would push her off the balcony" he smiles while falling back into his portal. Naturally, This made Hanako mad.

The next day me, Hanako, and Kou were having a picnic under the confession tree. The sun was starting to set and the sky flooded with beautiful colors. Me and Hanako were sitting next to each other and our slow hands met, my face flooded with blush but Hanako simply held my hand. Kou noticed and chuckled softly, I always wondered if he was jealous of our relationship. After our lunch, we stood up and started spinning and goofing around in front of the sunset. Me and Hanako bumped into each other while spinning. We looked each other in the eyes and smiled softly.

*third-person*

y/n starts to look at the ground when suddenly Hanako grabs her hand and looks her in the eyes. He slowly moves his hand up to her cheek and starts to lean in. The moment was beautiful with the sunset colors flooding behind them and Kou sitting in the grass not too far behind them. y/n starts to slowly lean in but stops abruptly, Hanko looks down in horror to see a knife sticking through y/n's stomach. Y/n falls into Hanako's arms to reveal Tsukasa standing behind her, holding a blood-covered knife, Hanako's knife. "W-wh" Hanako stands there with y/n's lifeless body draped in his arms. Her blood starts pouring out onto Hanako's shirt as his eyes fill with tears. "I told you I would get my revenge, brother." smirks Tsukasa walking away, "oh, and here's your knife back" he laughs, throwing it next to Hanako's feet. Hanako slowly falls into a kneel holding onto y/n's body in a tight hug. Kou, eyes filled with tears, walks up and kneels down placing his hand on her shoulder. Hanako rests his head on hers and sobs quietly.

A few minutes passed with nothing but silence and tears. The sun has almost finished setting and a bright moon now lights the field, Hanako slowly lifts up his head and gently kisses y/n's forehead, he then proceeds to lay her down softly. Kou looks up and wipes his eyes to see Hanako walking over with a soft smile. Hanako kneels down and hugs Kou for a moment, the moon and stars shining brightly above. Hanako slowly stands up and disappears leaving behind nothing but sakura petals.

*y/n's pov*

I wake up on a bridge, it is very bright and the path is covered in a  shallow puddle of water. But I haven't turned into a fish yet so I am confused. The last thing I remember was leaning in to kiss Hanako. I was wearing a white flowy dress that somehow stayed dry even in the water. Confused, I started to follow the path, it looked almost as if I was in the clouds. I'm scared of heights so this scared me but I felt peaceful. From a distance, I saw a black silhouette of a short boy in a suit and a bright light behind him. As I walked closer I noticed that the short boy was Hanako, holding out his hand with his eyes slowly filling with tears. My eyes started to water too and I started running to reach him faster. As I approached him he spoke. "I love you to the moon and back y/n.." he smiled, holding out his hand. I smile and grab his hand, and we disappear into a large cloud of white...

The End

(a/n:  I'm sorry about how long it took for the last chapters to be published but I hope you enjoy the end of a beautiful romance! Or is it the beginning? HEY AND SIDE NOTE IF YOU ENJOYED THIS YOU SHOULD CHECK OUT MY NEWEST PIECE, TILL DEATH DO US PART!!!!)