Chapter Three

"W-what was that," I say, jumping to my feet, "I don't know, get back," he says, jumping in front of me and pulling out his knife. From behind the tree emerged a large phoenix who was engulfed by raging flames "who are you and what are you doing at Kanome academy" yells Hanako. "I am the great Blaze Fushichou, and I am the fire phoenix spirit." said the phoenix emerging from behind the tree. He swung one of his wings towards me but I duck out of the way, "what do you want from us?" said Hanako angrily, blaze was not pleased by Hanako's response, he started to growl and his roaring flames went wild. We quickly duck behind the gardening club hedges to try to come up with a plan, "so you never told me who the boy was." says Hanako leaning in. "We are literally about to die, is right now really the best time for this?" I reply, "no you're about to die I am already dead," says Hanako, with a bright smile on his face. "Hanako we're being attacked." I say seriously. "I've never heard of a fire phoenix before..." he says tapping his knife to his chin. "I remember Aoi talking about mythical creatures and she mentioned a phoenix, but I didn't think he'd be a spirit."

"y/n, do you hear that?" he says worried "no, I don't..." I respond "exactly, the growling stopped," Hanako says popping his head over the hedges only to see Blaze walking straight for them. "What do we do," I ask starting to stand up, Hanako quickly stands in front of me "I don't know but here comes exorcist boy," he says looking towards the door, and there is Kou coming out with his big staff. "Don't worry guys I'm here to heeeeeeeeeeelp" he says as he gets blasted across the courtyard. "Welp," I say looking at his lifeless body lying on the ground "LOOK OUT" yells Hanako. He grabs me and hugs me, shielding me as we jump out of the way, "What's this guy's problem" I say picking myself up, "aye hot boy what do you want" yells Hanako holding his knife out, still standing in front of me. "Para matarte porque necesitamos un complot" roars the phoenix, "why is it speaking Spanish?" asks Hanako, scared "do you know Spanish?" he turns and asks me "um I think so, no hablo Espanol, please no kill," I say trying to reason with it, "estúpida," says the phoenix rolling his eyes, the then throws a fireball luckily we both dodge it, "IM ONLY IN 1ST YEAR SPANISH LEAVE ME ALONE" I yell in response. The phoenix suddenly turns around and falls to the ground, Kou comes up on top of him holding up his staff "exorcism baby" he yells in triumph. "Well that was easy," says Hanako then suddenly the phoenix wakes up and Kou is launched back again. "God damn it". After a very long back and forth fight me and hanako where both covered in ash, the phoenix heading towards us i could tell Hanako was close to giving up "i know what to do" he says looking towards the phoenix, Hanako and I gaze into each other's eyes with our hands holding each other, he smirks and says "I love you too y/n" he lets go of my hand and falls backward into a wormhole followed by blaze. The next thing I know everything is peaceful again and Hanako and blaze are nowhere to be found, nothing left but a pile of ashes.

A short look into hanako's pov:

<Hanako did hear her say his name when she was talking to kou but wanted to mess with her as he does, he jumped into the portal wormhole thing because he wanted to fight blaze away from y/n to keep her safe, leaving y/n is worried and confused>