chapter nine

"Well, what do they mean, Hanako?" I said tilting my head over, Hanako hesitated, "um well like I said before, I'm not sure how to do proper readings so I don't really know." I re-adjust my legs on the window cill, "well why don't we find out?" I say cheerfully, "we can go check the library!" Hanako was hesitant, he stared out the window to see students walking on the sidewalk outside the school, "I think we should just stay here, but maybe another time we can research the meaning when we do a reading for Kou or something," I giggle and turn facing the bathroom door, "that's fine with me".

*the next day in class?*

I sat staring out the window, all my thoughts are drawn to the tarot cards from yesterday, but why? Is there something Hanako was hiding from me? I set down my pen and glance up at the clock, "we only have a few more minutes left of class" I whisper to myself, I trust Hanako, he wouldn't hide anything from me, there is nothing to worry about.

*after school*

The bell rings and I pack up my things to head to the bathroom to start cleaning.

I ran into Aoi on my way out of class, "hey y/n! Do you have plans after school? I wanted to go to the library but I didn't want to go alone." I jump a bit, "oh hey Aoi, I do have plans today but I can always see to getting the times moved. I'd love to go with you but I have to check up on it. I'll call you if I can go." I grasp my school bag, "okay cool! I'll talk to you later y/n." I smile and slide out of the doorway to head to the bathroom.

I slowly open the bathroom door and see Hanako sitting on the window sill with a solemn look on his face, "hey what's wrong" I ask, "nothing, shouldn't you be hanging out with Taishi or something?" he says laying his head on his knees. "Hanako, I'm not gonna date Taishi." I sigh, his face immediately lights up. "He's a great guy but not my type, he's too... Lively,'' I joke. Hanako sits and thinks for a moment then jumps up and puts his hands on my shoulders. "Great, now that he's out of the way, we have another problem," smiles Hanako. "So you know my less attractive brother.." rants Hanako "well he's been causing some trouble but I'm sure it's nothing to worry about Hanako gives me a reassuring grin but I could tell that something was off.

(a/n: sorry for the short chapter)