Ch. 32: Nightmares

Warning: Brief graphic depictions of violence, read at your own risk!

*******************

Princess of Monsters.

I'll see you soon!

You're no better than me! You're just like me!

"Luv!"

"Darlin'."

Do you think you can protect them? Do you think I will fall to your hand?

Icy blue eyes glared into mine with a venomous smile.

"I will take your knight first. I'll let you watch as I flay the skin from his bone!"

"Wake up!"

"That hot headed psycho will be next. He looks at you like he'd breed you in a heartbeat. Pump you full of bastards. I'll let them live long enough to take their first breaths."

A pair of axes glistened before my eyes, barely containing the cruel smile behind them.

"Then I'd smash my axe through their throats in front of him and you, and I'd burn him on a pyre like he did to MY CITY!"

"Beautiful, come on, wake up."

"But that green monster. That false prophet? I'd save the worse for him. That tyrannical ruler, I'd let him live until the very end. Until everyone else but the two of you are dead."

Bloodied hands slam me down, icy blue eyes staring into my soul.

"I'd make his death slow. I'd let him see me torture you. Let him see me inflict unspeakable pain on you, as you've done me. I'll make him beg me to spare you, until he's begging me to kill him."

"And you will beg me for death too when you watch him die at my-"

My eyes snapped open to hands holding me down, and I immediately flailed to get free. Free, free, let me go!

"Relax, relax!" My eyes focused, and I looked up to see it was my friends holding me down. A pair of arms held me from below, while Dream and Sapnap held my arms and legs down from above.

I blinked a few more times, waking up more as confusion filled my chest. Why are they holding me down?

"W-what're you guys doing?" I asked, trying to get free from their holds.

Sapnap and Dream let go of me, stepping back as I realized it was mostly dark in the room. Dream was just in a t-shirt and sweats, looking like he had gotten dressed in a rush since his shirt was inside out.

Sapnap was just in a pair of baggy shorts, carding his hands through his hair.

The arms around me loosened, and I looked over my shoulder at George beneath me.

I woke them up again, didn't I?

"I'm okay, I'm okay." I promised quietly, sitting up to get off George.

"You were shouting in your sleep, darlin'." Sapnap revealed as I got off George, letting him sit up as I realized I had still been in my bed.

"They had to come and get me, you sleepwalked to the door before George got you." Dream added on to Sapnap's revelation.

Sleep walking? That's a new one.

"I'm sorry." I whispered, trying to remember what exactly it was that I had been dreaming of. I could still feel the anxiety in my chest, the way my breath had been stolen with fear. But I couldn't remember what the nightmare was about.