- 𝟷 -

☁︎︎

It was around late October. The air was getting colder, leaves started to fall off of trees more, and most important, Halloween was coming. For Jake, Halloween was always one of the biggest holidays when he was still growing up in Australia. I mean, what kid doesn't want to be up late looking for candy with their best friends or closest cousins?

But once he moved back to Korea a few years ago, it was a lot different. Halloween no longer was celebrated and it freaked Jake out to look outside on Halloween night and see no one walking around.

"So, yeah! What do you guys think about the Halloween party idea?" Jay asked and looked at the two in front of him. Jay, Jungwon, and Jake were walking to school together and Jay decided to bring up his 'great idea' to his friends. "Hm I'm not too sure, to be honest," Jake said softly and tilted his head to the right slightly.

Over the past few years here, he learned to let go of the traditional things they'd do back in Australia so he could get used to Korea's traditions. One of those things was Halloween. But when he got closer to his current friend group, the male always would bring up holidays and get-togethers like Halloween.

"C'mon, it's been like three years since I first brought up this idea. I thought Halloween was your favorite as a kid?" Jay grumbled and crossed his arms. "You know what? I think that's a good idea. Ahem I know it's quite boring, but I always watch movies and see how happy and how much fun everyone is having. So I want to experience it, even if it's not going to be a lot of people." The youngest, Jungwon, said and Jay was quick to wrap his arm around him and ruffle his hair.

"Hehe, see! Everyone agreed already Jake. It's just you who hasn't answered me yet!!" Jay provoked him slightly as he brought Jungwon closer to him, planting a kiss on his forehead with a smile.

If Jake was honest, he liked the idea. It was just the idea of Jay inviting a lot of people he didn't know was the problem. He promised himself that once he found a friend group, he'd stick to them and try not to go outside of that boundary. For around 5-6 years, he's done that. He was able to find 5 best friends that have been with him since he moved so he wanted to keep it at that number.

"Okay okay, fine. I'll go! But please tell me how many people are going to go" Jake looked up at Jay was soft eyes, clasping his hands in a praying manner. "Well didn't I already tell you? I only want our friend group to have a little party?"

— ☁︎︎ —

The school bell rang and everyone was exiting their classroom to get to the cafeteria or library. Jake, Ni-ki, and Sunoo were making their way down the hallway and kept a lookout for their other six friends.

"Did you hear that Sunghoon hyung is going to have a competition here?" Sunoo asked and looked over at Ni-ki who nodded with a wide smile. "Yes! We should go, it's been a while since I saw him skate"
Ni-ki said. Jake furrowed his eyes brows when he hears the name, Sunghoon? He started to slow down and fell behind Ni-ki and Sunoo.

"Jake hyung, come on! Let's go!" Ni-ki said and grabbed onto Jake's sleeve as he and Sunoo pulled him along. The cafeteria was bustling as every student tried to get into the long line. The trio decided against the long line and went to their usual table at the back of the cafeteria, near all of the windows.

"HELLO!" Sunoo exclaimed as he took the seat beside Jungwon, startling the three who were already at their table. Jay and Heeseung were looking at something on Jay's phone and Jungwon was shoveling all of his lunch into his mouth, obviously very hungry. Sunoo opened his mouth towards Jungwon, a spoonful of rice settled on his tongue.

"What took you guys so long?" Heeseung asked. The oldest clear space beside him, Jake taking it. "We were slowed down by Jake hyung, he was in his own world," Ni-ki said and sat besides Sunoo, parallel to Jake. "Uh, it still looks like he's in his own world" Jay added and pushed back his blond locks, showing off his forehead. Jake was staring off into the distance, mumbling things softly under his breath. The Australian male fiddled around with his fingers and his feet swung back and forth.

"Jake! Are you alright?" Heeseung shook the younger, his face showed his worry. Soon enough, they all started to call the male and he snapped out of it. "I'm here, I'm sorry. I was just thinking about class" Jake said softly and pouted, looking down at his feet. "Are you sure you're alright?" Jungwon asked and held out a piece of meat towards Jake, the older gladly taking it into his mouth. "Mm fwine—" His voice was a bit muffled as he tried to chew on his food at the same time. Ni-ki chuckled and pat his head, watching as Jake smiled.

"So about Sunghoon. Do you guys want to go? I think it's this Saturday" Heeseung asked and rested both of his hands onto the white-topped table. "I'm down, it's been more than a year since he's been here," Jungwon said, the rest agreeing. "Sunghoon? Who's that?" The male with brown hair asked, asking Jungwon for more food.

"Sunghoon? Park Sunghoon? Jake, you don't know him? I thought I introduced you to him before" Jay's mouth was slightly open from shock. The male just shrugged and shook his head.

"Nope, I don't think you ever did?"

. . .

1 / 17 / 21
21 : 16

Hello guys, welcome to our new Jakehoon ff!
We hope that you guys enjoyed the first part and that you will continue to keep reading and supporting <33
- JAE & MINA -