- 𝟷𝟽 -

— ☁︎︎ —

It was a little more than a week before Jake's birthday, oh how quickly time passed. The two still claimed that they were 'friends' despite all of the protests from their friends that they were more. As if spending almost the whole day and being clingy to each other wasn't enough to prove their feelings and what they truly were.

"You'll come right?" Jake asked. The two were sitting outside of their school, enjoying the warm afternoon sun. School just ended and they planned to spend some time together before going home. "Where will you celebrate your party?" Sunghoon said, a low tone coming out of his mouth.

"I only want it to be between us seven so it'll probably be at my house," Jake answered and placed his phone onto his lap gently. Ever since Jake came to Korea, they never missed anyone's birthday within the friend group. No matter how busy they were, no matter what they had planned for the day, they always saw and celebrated together. This year would be different, he gets to celebrate with Sunghoon.

"Of course I'm coming, how could I miss my baby's birthday," Sunghoon said calmly, totally not caring about the pet name he just called Jake. "Baby~" He called out again to see Jake's reaction. Like always, his face turned a familiar red tone and a little smile tugged at his lips.

"Do you prefer my love then? Babe? Sweetheart? Honey? Bub?" Sunghoon called out random pet names, only making Jake redder. "How about I call you all of them?" Sunghoon opened his arms to emphasize all of the names.

"D-do you want me to explode?" Jake scolded and pat his cheeks softly. "You seem to like baby and my love though" "Park Sunghoon!" "You're right, we should save it for when we start to date" "Sunghoon! Park Sunghoon stop!"

"And they say they aren't dating" Jay scoffed and tightened his hold around Jungwon's shoulder. "Sunoo hyung and I saw them making out!" "Ni-ki!!"

The two stopped bickering when they noticed their friends approaching them at a steady pace. Everyone had a smile on their faces, everyone seemed to be in a really good mood considering it was the end of the school day. They usually were tired during this time of the year, wanted to sleep in their warm beds as soon as school finished.

"So Jake hyung, when are we celebrating your party?" Jungwon asked and removed his hand from Jay's, stretching his arms in the air. "Maybe we can celebrate in the afternoon when we'll be the most awake, plus we have school the next day so we can't stay up late" The Australian answered while leaning back onto the tree he sat beside, watching as his friends sat in front of them.

The ground was full of leaves so it was funny to watch. The leaves would kick up and rain onto his friends whenever they sat down, watching them get covered in various brown/orange colored leaves. Sunghoon suddenly gasped with a little smirk on his face, raking his hair back with his hand. "I have the perfect idea for a present, it's really funny" Sunghoon stated and offered Jake a cheeky smile.

— ☁︎︎ —

The weekend came quickly which meant that Jake's birthday was approaching in a week. Like always, Sunghoon and Jake always hung out together. It didn't matter where they were or how long, they did it every day. The designated place for their hangout was Sunghoon's house today.

Jake and Yeji began to get closer every time he went to Sunghoon's house and it felt like he was apart of their family whenever the younger's parents talked to him. Although it wasn't the same when they went to Jake's house because his parents always were working, it meant a lot that Sunghoon's parents seemed to support their relationship... which was yet to become official, but they made their point clear.

"Hello, Jake! How is your day so far?" Mrs. Park asked as she placed his glasses down onto the counter. The little woman always had a kind and calming tone when speaking to Jake, it made him feel a sort of reassurance that he was welcomed in their home.

"It was really good, what about you Mrs. Park?" The teenager asked politely, allowing Sunghoon to take his coat from him to hang up. "Pretty good as well. When you guys are done with your homework, make sure to come down for snacks!"

The two ran up the stairs and into Sunghoon's room. Every time they were at the younger's house, they always made sure that they got important things out of the way before kicking back and doing whatever they wanted. Today was one of those days, where they could relax and maybe binge-watch movies or dramas.

"How about, we cuddle and watch Crash Landing on You for the millionth time?" Sunghoon suggested, sitting at the edge of his bed. "Sounds like a plan, Hoonie" Sunghoon's eyes softened at the name, he loved when Jake called him that. He rarely did it but when he did, it made him the happiest.

"You like being called Hoonie don't you hehe" A little giggle exited Jake's lips. He did a little running start before plopping onto the other side of Sunghoon's bed, pulling down the younger with him. "I do, I won't lie" Sunghoon admitted before giving Jake a warm hug.

"Okay then Hoonie, p-please l-loosen your grip on me. I-I can't breathe" Jake managed to let out before Sunghoon let go slowly, an expression of guilt and happiness on his face at the same time. "Sorry Jakey, let me go turn the TV on then"

The younger stood up to grab the remote before pointing it at the TV to turn it on, going to find the drama they wanted to watch. This was also something they began to enjoy together, watching romance dramas. It seemed so in reach as they did similar things with each other but it only made them even more impatient. They just wanted to be together already. "You know what's funny. We said we'd pretend to date for a day and stop but it's been going on for a while now"

"How about we make it official then?"

. . .

2 / 3 / 21
23 : 07

jae is taking some time to catch up with her school work, as she is in her school's student council so she's quite busy! but hopefully, i'll keep up and post everyday until we're done with this ff <33
- MINA -