- 𝟸 -

— ☁︎︎ —

"Well, in short, Sunghoon was really close to us before. But once he picked up ice skating and became a figure skater, he's kinda been flying all over the world for competitions. He became so busy, his parents even started to homeschool him instead." Sunoo explained while shrugging his shoulders. "Yeah, so we haven't talked to him in years" Jungwon added, wiping his face with a napkin.

It was new to Jake, they never mentioned him before. A figure skater? That travels the world? Wow, he missed a lot. "That's cool I guess?" "That's why you should come with us to his competition as well! So we can introduce you" Ni-ki exclaimed, taking one sip of Jungwon's banana milk. "Yah!" He yelled.

The older just nodded and continued to chat with them about other random topics. "So, maybe we can hang out after the competition as well? Y'know, catch up with Sunghoon" Jay suggested while he scrolled through his phone. "I like that idea!" Sunoo said excitedly, his eyes turning into crescents.

— ☁︎︎ —

"HURRY UP JAKE!" Jay yelled up the stairs, ready to drag the younger down the stairs with him. The five of his friends were sitting in his living room, waiting for him to get dressed. "I'm ready to drag him by his hair—" Ni-ki got up from the couch, looking as if he was going to sprint up of stairs and come back with Jake in his arms.

"I'm coming!" Jake yelled, his little feet making thuds as he ran down the stairs. He entered the living room, bowing slightly at them. The brown-haired male was wearing a plain white shirt, a yellow and light gray flannel, and a yellow beanie. Some of his brown locks stuck out from the bottom of the beanie and he had his phone in his grasp. "Wow, I like your fit" Heeseung complimented, standing up from the recliner next to the couch. "Thank you" Jake smiled and put his phone into his back pocket. "Hope that's enough to keep you warm though" Jungwon teased and ran out of the front door.

— ☁︎︎ —

They all squished into Heeseung's car, ready to drive to the ice skating rink. Heeseung and Jay were upfront while Jake struggled to fit in between Jungwon and Sunoo.

"Yah, Ni-ki you're taking up all the space!" Sunoo complained and shoved the youngest a bit. The younger just shoved back and stuck his tongue out. "Jungwon hyung is!" Ni-ki argued back and pointed at Jungwon who was ready to plug his earphones into his phone to listen to music. "YAH I'M NOT. It's clearly you!" Jungwon fought back, ready to send whatever was near him in Ni-ki's direction.

"S-stop! You all are s-squishing me!" Jake let out softly and he struggled to fit in the little space they left him. His whole torso was stuck under Sunoo and Jungwon as they all got heated and into an argument and it wasn't comfortable at all. "O-oh, sorry hyung" Jungwon apologized and tried to hug closer to the car door to give him space.

"It's alright just please stop arguing," The oldest male in the backseat said and took his phone out of his pocket. "You guys are a handful. Remind me that you guys are high schoolers and not some toddlers." Jay looked at them through the rearview mirror, watching as they all began to glare at him.

"If we're toddlers then what are you? I've seen you whine when Jungwon hyung didn't want to give you kisses—" Ni-ki started but the male besides Jake was quick to force his hand over his mouth. "Shut up Ni-ki!"

— ☁︎︎ —

It was around 6 pm now and they just reached their destination. The parking lot was filling up as people of all ages entered the skating rink to watch the completion. The sky was darkening and the temperature began to drop at a slow but steady pace. Jake began to get a little chilly, maybe he should've worn a hoodie like the rest of them.

"Let's go!" Sunoo exclaimed, he and Jungwon proceeding to pull the older members with them. They ran the entire way towards their seats because of the two and now they sat in anticipation. If you looked off into the correct direction, all of the competitors sat in the same corner, getting ready.

"Is hyung there?" Jungwon said as he peeked over the wall, looking back at his friends and then back to the area. "He said that he sees us," Heeseung said a bit loudly so they could hear him over all of the other people around them. They all began to scan the area, Jake just sitting there with his arms crossed and legs bouncing up and down. There was a male with black hair, a thick black coat, and some dark pants. He was still putting on his skates but he was waving frantically at them.

"HYUNG!!" Sunoo exclaimed as if he could hear from how far they were from him. They all begun to wave back, Jake just going with the flow as he tried to weed out which one was Sunghoon. "Which one is Sunghoon?" Jake asked Ni-ki, who he sat beside. "They one at the bottom seats. He's the one wearing all black." Ni-ki pointed one of his fingers into the direction of the older male and tried his best to describe his looks. "You literally cannot miss him. His visuals are just—" Jake laughed a little and immediately spotted the said male. They were quite far and Jake couldn't see that far so, Sunghoon's face wasn't clear.

He stopped waving and was getting ready, taking off his coat and giving it to his coach beside him. A person began to speak and soon, people began to perform one by one. First, was a pretty short looking male wearing light blue, showing a very mesmerizing piece. In complete honesty, it was Jake's very first time sitting down and watching a figure skater, skate.

"Wow," Jake said and his friends could only giggle at his reactions. And before they knew it, a certain male stepped foot into the rink and began to skate around. "PARK SUNGHOON, HWAITING!" His friends began to yell. A group of girls far away also began to scream for him, fangirling when he bowed their way. Sunghoon turned towards his friends and gave them a sweet smile before getting into his starting position.

The music began and the male started to move around. The song was very soft and the lyrics seemed quite meaningful but Jake could care less about the song as he was mesmerized by every move the younger made. He skated around so effortlessly, he just glided from one end of the rink to the other. The spins he did didn't go unnoticed as Jake's eyes widened. "Woah!" Jake exclaimed, trying to keep his voice down. He grabbed onto Ni-ki's arm and shook his gently. "He's cool!" He added and the younger only nodded, a smile on his face. "Woah! Did you see that Ni-ki!" Jake pointed.

— ☁︎︎ —

Five males went flying towards Sunghoon as they showered him with compliments and hugs, welcoming him back home. "YAH! You were so cool!" Sunoo shook Sunghoon vigorously before pulling him into a hug. The taller smiled widely and thanked him. "Finally, you come back home. It's been literal years" Jay complained before hugging him tightly. "I missed you guys, so much" Sunghoon finally spoke. "DAMN, your voice. Last time I checked, you were still a little eighth grader" Heeseung teased and poked at the younger's side, making him chuckle softly.

Jake was awkwardly standing at the side, confused but smiling slightly. As Sunghoon got closer, he admired all of the male's features. His perfectly cut nose, his beautiful eyes, his luscious lips and how his voice was so soothing as he spoke. The Australian caught himself staring at Sunghoon and looked away immediately at his feet. He was cold as they stood outside of the building, having a little moment of gathering. "Ah hyung! This is Jake hyung, we met him a few years ago" Ni-ki introduced the shivering male. Jake's eyes shot up from his shoes and into the eyes of Sunghoon.

"Ah! Hi! I'm Jake, Jake Sim"

. . .

1 / 18 / 21
04 : 32

Another update! This story is actually really fun to write so far! I hope you guys are enjoying <33