Chapter 1

Y/n= Your name
e/c = your eye color 
h/c = your hair color 
I also made them in ninth grade, bc I can
-----

     At a time in the world where things were feeling less and less certain, there was one thing you could always count on... The Heroics. Our planets team of superheroes. And our heroes... never failed. 

     That was the day our heroes fell. All of them. But from that... others would rise. 

-----

Your POV 

     When I woke up this morning I wasn't really expecting to be attacked by a pillow, as soon as I felt the pressure I shot up. Missy, my sister, widened her eyes and laughed lightly. Rolling my eyes, I asked "What's so funny?"

     As she tried to compose herself, I got impatient, I got out of bed and made my way to the bathroom. Beginning my daily routine which consisted of brushing my teeth, brushing my hair, getting dressed and putting on all my smelly stuff.

     I dressed myself in jean shorts, a red t-shirt, my converse, and a black flannel. 

     I walked out of my room and into the kitchen where my dad was. "Morning, kiddo. You sleep, okay?" I looked in the bowl where he was cracking the eggs and picked out a shell. "Did you?" He furrowed his brows and began to wash the bowl.

     I sat down at the table, but not before grabbing a bowl and pouring my favorite cereal in. I set the bowl down in front of me and began eating right as Missy walked into the kitchen. 

    "I see you're wearing 'leave me alone'. You know, I want you to try and make some friends," said our dad. "Yeah, not today."

     I rolled my eyes and rinsed my bowl out in the sink. "Woah is that Miracle Guy?" asked Missy. Dad paused the TV. "That is just a training exercise, probably a what if." 

     I started to leave the room to get my stuff when I heard Missy say, "As long as there's not what if that involves you rejoining the team."

      I walked into my room and grabbed my backpack, she does know that he is the leader of the Heroics and has responsibilities, right? Ever since our mom died, she never wanted our dad near the Heroics building; but that's not her choice now is it? 

     I walked out of my room, closing the door behind me. I got in the car with my dad and waited for Missy. My dad turned to me, "Hey... make sure she makes some friends."

      I looked up at him and nodded, "Okay."

——-

     We pulled up to the school and got out of the car, "See you later dad." he smiled and said something to Missy as I walked into the school. 

     After some classes it was time for recess, we had a very odd school. Ninth grade and still having recess, not complaining though. 

     Someone had thrown a ball resulting in it getting stuck in a tree behind Missy and I. 

     There was a bunch of yelling, telling us to get the ball with our 'magical' powers that we definitely had. "Just grab it!" Missy, who was sitting on my shoulders was reaching her arms up into the air trying to get the ball. 

     Everyone in the schoolyard started asking us about our powers, I rolled my eyes before slapping Missy's leg, "Hurry up! Youre heavy, I got noodles for arms man!" 

     More students started asking about us having powers, "What about hurricane breath?" I let Missy off my shoulders, "Hurricane breath? That's not even a thing." 

     A boy ran up to us asking if we had gotten it down, "Hey, we tried. Just because our dad is Marcus Moreno doesn't mean we have powers." just as I had said powers, the ball fell from the tree, bouncing off a students head. 

     Missy raised her hands in the air, "Not us, gravity."

     All the kids had gotten bored and walked away, Missy and I started to walk back to the school when we heard a cough behind us. 

     When we turned we were met with a badge with a big gold H on it. "Y/n and Missy Moreno? You'll need to come with us."

——-

I know this chappter is pretty much the same as when I fisrt wrote it but I promise it's much better than before. 
I also felt generous and decided to publish it way before I said I would.

Chapter finished 4:45 PM January 16, 2021 

Chapter finished editing 11:51 May 6, 2022