Chapter 9

Previously
"Imprisonment. Life long. Hmm" she chuckled and left the room locking it on the process.

Your POV

"How are we getting out of here?" Guppy asked, I walked to the door and put my hand on it. I heard Missy from behind me "I... don't know" she sat down and rested her chin in her hand, Guppy had fallen asleep and was snoring in the corner. Facemaker sat down and said "I'm bored" he turned to me "Can you sing us a song?", I looked at him and shook my head "Why not A Cappella?" He shrugged "I don't know, I guess I just wanna hear you sing" I sighed. "Fine...". I went over to a seat and sat on the floor, I started hitting my fist on the seat and snapping making a beat, (Listen to song above^)

'We are, we are, we are
L.A on a Saturday night in the summer
Sun down and they all come out
Lamborghinis and their rented Hummers
The party's on, so their headin downtown
Everybody's lookin for a come up
And they wanna know what you're about
Me in the middle with the one I love and
We're just trying to figure everything out
We don't fit in well 'cause we are just ourselves
I could use some help, gettin out of this
conversation, yeah
You look stunning, dear, so don't ask that question here
This is my only fear: That we become
Beautiful people'

I got up and all of us danced together , we were just jumping around being ourselves.

'Drop top, designer clothes
Front row at fashion shows "What d'you do?" and "Who d'you know?"
Inside the world of beautiful people
Champagne and rolled up notes
Prenups and broken homes
Surrounded, but still alone
Let's leave the party
That's not who we are
We are not beautiful
Yeah, that's not who we are
We are not beautiful'

I looked over and Missy came down next to me she sang some of the song

(this is Missy)
'L.A, mmm
Drive for hours last night and we made it nowhere
I see stars in your eyes when we're halfway there
I'm not faxed by all them lights and flashin' cameras
Cause with my arms around you, there's no need to care
We don't fit in well we are just ourselves
I could some help gettin' out of this conversation, yeah
You look stunning, dear, so don't ask that question here
This is my only fear: that we become'

(This is you)
'Beautiful people
Drop top, designer clothes
Front row at fashion shows
"What d'you know!" and "Who d'you know?"
Inside the world of beautiful people
Champagne and rolled-up notes
Prenups and broken homes
Surrounded but still alone
Let's leave the party

Both Missy and I sang together

(This is both of you)
'That's not who we are
We are not beautiful, yeah
Yeah, that's not who we are
We are not beautiful'

Missy looked at me and stopped singing

(You)
'We are, we are, we are
We are not beautiful'

    I smiled and sat down by Wildcard, I looked up at him. When me looked at me he got up and sat by Missy on the other side of the room, I looked at A Cappella and Fast Forward who shook their heads saying 'what?' silently, I shrugged 'I don't know' I said back. They glared at him as he was looking at the floor, Facemaker made his way to the center of the room  "I bet Miss Granada's been working there for years" Wildcard looked up "They must have hacked the elections and put their own alien in as president so they could set a trap for the Heroics" he looked back down. "I'm such an idiot" Wheels turned his screen around "President Neil Anami. Spell Neil Anami backwards and you have... 'I'm an alien." Missy looked around "Everyone thinks that the aliens only invaded this morning, but they've been here for years, planing this takeover the whole time". Wildcard rolled his eyes "And now we're locked in this stupid cell with no no way out" Missy glared at him "Your welcome". She turned to Guppy who was awake now trying to pry the doors open, she pulled then hit the door; she tried opening them again. She groaned and sat down and crossed her legs dramatically, "I need water. Without water, I can't use my powers" Facemaker and Noodles were comparing about how stuff hurt Wildcard turned around "My ears hurt!" He turned to Missy "We never should have come up to this ship. You led us up here". Missy shook her head "You think I wanted to get locked up in an alien ship?" he shrugged. Wheels rolled his eyes "It was all of us. We did it together" Guppy was curled up in a ball "I wanna go home" the twins said "Me too!" Wheels shrugged "We all wanna go home. The key is figuring out how to get out of this room so we can make sure there's a home to go back to". Missy stood up "Wait a second. What did you just say?" A Cappella but in "He said we all wanna go home" Missy shook her head "Not that, the second part." Wheels squinted his eyes "Figure out how to get out of this room so we can make sure there's a home to go back to?" Guppy whined "Stop saying that" Wildcatd looked at her "Keep it together".

Missy stood up "Guys... maybe it's time to admit we're never getting out of here" I looked up at her "What did you just say?" She held her hand out to the wall "These walls and this door must be, like, two-feet thick. It's totally impossible" Wildcard held his thumb up "Wow, great attitude". Missy nodded and sat down "Yep. We're never getting out of here, and we're certainly never seeing our parents again, that's for sure" I put my head between my knees. Wheels spoke up "She's right. Pretty soon we'll forget what they even look like. The way they smelled... it'll all just be..." he snapped his fingers "gone". "Well jeez, you guys are really bumming me out. But I guess... this really is the end" Wildcard agreed. I looked up and everyone was crying "But I'm not ready for the end" Noodles said. Rewind looked at Fast Forward "I was just starting to think... maybe my sister didn't hate me" she looked at him "I don't hate you" "I love you" they both said to each other. Missy smiled "That love we feel is real" she wiped her tears "And... it's that love... that'll get us out of here" Guppy looked up "Why are you guys saying all this stuff? It's almost like you want everyone to cry... Oh!".

Hope you enjoyed this chapter (I don't really know what the whole song part was about, but I wanted to add it 🤷🏻‍♀️)

Chapter finished 1:05PM January 18, 2021