5

EMILY'S POV

How does it feel to get married? I ask myself.

Happy, a wonderful beginning, good future, and whatsoever but in my case, it feels utter shit, fear, and betrayal. This marriage seems like a game or should I say a chess game. It is like everyone is benefiting something from this marriage except me.

I look at myself in the mirror. My swollen and puffy eyes are evidence of me crying last night. My hair is tied in a rough ponytail.

I turn on the tap and splash warm water on my face with a little hope that I will go back to reality if this is a dream but it never happens. This is not a dream but a reality. The reality from which I have been running for years. I am a part of the mafia world and there is no way out.

I brush my teeth and take a shower. Even the warm shower is not helping me relax. Today is the day which I awaited the most in my childhood but now seems like it has lost its value over the past events. Being a child, I always wondered how my wedding will be like. I used to ask my mother how one feels about getting married. She would always say that it is the most beautiful feeling.

How ironic! I am getting married to the person I love but still, I am unhappy. Many people die to marry the one they love but I am sad because of it. I wear my fluffy robe and sit on the bed while looking at the door. I check the time and notice that there is not much time left for my wedding. My wedding. It sounds so strange. Why it sounds so strange?

I know mom must be on her way with others to get me ready for my unwanted wedding. She came a few minutes back to wake me up. She woke me up and told me to take a bath as I have to get ready.

The door opens and my mom appears with her charming smile. She is looking beautiful as ever but she has a wide smile on her face. This smile in some other circumstances would have made me happy too but not now. Anyone looking at her can see that she is happily sending her only daughter to hell. How unique my mom is. I say to myself sarcastically in my mind.

"Dear! I assume that you have already taken a shower. So, shall we start?" She asks with a smile. It looks like a statement rather than a question.

Without any response from me, she gestures to the women whom I assume are hairstylists and make-up artists to get me ready. They all greet me and congratulate me on my wedding. Incredible. I thank them.

They start their work while I let myself drift towards my thoughts. Is Dominic forcing me to marry? Has he never loved me?

Is he marrying me because he loves me or because he thinks of me as his property?

Was he really that cruel and I was too blind to see it? Why have I never noticed it before? I wonder how my life will be with him. The life I will get will be the life of a maid. As every man, will he also cheat on me? Will he continue to sleep around? No, I will not let him disrespect me like this. Can my love change him?

After almost two hours they complete their work and I look at myself in the mirror. Make-up looks natural. They have let my waist-long hair free and have curled it beautifully from the ends.

"Emily, look Dominic sent you a gift". My mom says holding a white rectangular box in her hands with a red ribbon on it. A gift before the wedding? What can it be? A gun? Now there is no one in the room except my mom and me.

I just noticed that she is already dressed in a green dress for my wedding. Her face is showing true happiness. The glow on her face is not something one can miss.

She hands me the box and urges me to open it.

I open it and then close it immediately after looking at what is inside. There is white transparent lingerie inside it. He wants me to wear this!