Astronomy partners

Today is Monday so it means Ophelia starts in astronomy class. She was so excited until she saw that there was only one seat left in the class and that was beside William.

Of course she liked him. Not in that way- in a friend way. He was a pretty cool dude and she respected him.

So she sat beside him and immediately took out her books for this class. She already knew everything they were learning at the moment so instead of listening she took her AirPods out and started listening to music.

What she didn't noticed is a pair of mesmerizing eyes staring right at her almost the whole class.

"You will be doing this project with the person standing next to you. I want at least ten pages about this on my desk in a month. Now, you are free to go... or whatever I don't really care." The teacher, miss Cota said dismaying them.

Everyone in this class hated miss Cota with a burning passion. Everyone except one. Ophelia didn't hate her. In fact, she was her favourite teacher in school. And miss Cota loved Ophelia too. Some say it's because they share the same passion, astronomy. And some say it's because the two of them hate pretty much everyone in school. If you ask William, he'd say it's a mix of both reasons.

He ran after Ophelia while she was walking down the hallways to catch up with her and talk about their assignment.

"Hey, astro-partner!" He said while talking to her.

"Eww, no. That's lame Crues." She answered him. "And I was gonna ask you something... what's that assignment that we have to do about?" She asked him sheepishly.

"I KNEW YOU WEREN'T LISTENING!" He screamed.

"Shush, people will hear you!" She said.

"Ophelia Grey not listening in astronomy! Well, THAT'S surprising!" He replied mocking her.

"You know what, Crues? I think I'll just do the work alone." She answered making him ramble about the fact that they should really do it together.

"Ok! Fine! You win! I'll do it with you but you have to tell me what it's about!" She said.

"Deal!"

"What... is it about?" She replied awkwardly.

"We have to write interesting facts about the Milky Way." He answered her question.

"That's it? Well, that's fucking easy! Then... your house 7 pm sharp, Friday?" She asked another question.

He can't go to my house or else he will notice sooner or later. She thought to herself.

"Did you just decide that you're going to my house?" He asked.

"Yup!" She answered making sure to exaggerate the 'p'.

He can't know, she thought again.

"Ok i guess? I'm free Friday anyway so it's fine." He answered confused as to why she didn't invite him at her house. But it's none of his business so he didn't question her, even if he was really curious.

It's probably for a stupid reason like, she doesn't wanna clean her room or something. He thought to himself.

He ran to his usual place in their second class today, music.

The class finally ended and he was hungry so he went to grab some food, with his mind wandering about why the girl didn't want him to come to her house.

He chatted a little with Tommy while he was telling him all about the date last Saturday.

"I think I'm in love... for real this time. Omg! I'm in love aren't I?! I knew it! My heart beats so fast whenever I'm with her, it's simply impossible not to fall in love with her." he said with such glee in his eyes, he looked like a lost puppy who finally found his family after years of searching.

William couldn't help but roll his eyes at this. He didn't really know why. He just thought that Tommy was being really cheesy. He kinda was...

It was now 6 pm and William was getting ready to greet Ophelia. He didn't know why he was so nervous but he was literally shaking. It's not as if it was a date or something... he thought.

Ophelia was getting ready too. She couldn't deny the fact that she was a bit anxious too. What if he finds out? What if she spills the tea without wanting to? What if he already knows...

That's not possible! She tried to convince herself about the last question. Even her fucking dad didn't know so how could he?