Chapter III

Kiyopon

Well, isn't it ironic.

Year ago, literally on the same the exam, I had ended up with unconscious girl in my hands. And right now I am on the exact same situation.

It could become habit of mine soon enough.

Can't really say should I be thrilled or not.

Nagumo's chase wasn't hard to getaway from, if you could call it chase at all; he ended up with nothing but with our supplies and getting soak. Still I doubt about supplies cause everyone of them were running after us and for other reason.

Well not us if the only running one was me with Nanase in my hands. She lost the consciousness in the middle of the that short chase. Though, it was still impressive how long did she withstand taking to account her health status for the last few days.

But tiredness from great amount of physical tasks and conditions of the island itself had their affect at the end. Fight with me was just nail to the coffin.

However, it will not be a lie to say that Nanase's physical state and stamina are much superior than most of other students', but not enough for WR student.

That being said I stood up and throw some of dry wood on fire from prepared stock and sat close to the laying figure of Nanase.

Small cave in which we are was well prepared and supplied by me. Cave itself wasn't deep at all and with enough height to not hit your head while you're walking.

Firewood was cracking with the sound of rain and howl of wind outside. And deep breathes of blonde girl could be heard alongside with it.

She lied very close to me, through the rustle of the rain I could hear her breathing, her movements and feel the warmth radiating from her body. And only for a moment it seemed to me that this is the only warmth that is left in the world. Bonfire be damned.

The warmth that I could easily reach only by-

"You must be really fond of blonde girls, aren't you Ayanokouji-senpai?" voice said.

Snapping my head towards the entrance I stare at the source of that voice.

Hell is empty, and the devils are here. Or to be precious only one. And I didn't even hear coming.

Smug and very carefree and completely drenched figure of Amasawa stood at the entrance of the cave. Beside her both of our bags and supplies within.

Just as expected.

"Seriously first I found Karuizawa-senpai in your room, and now Nanase laying beside you in such state."sly grin crossed her face. "What could've happened to her? Maybe aftermath of something. I heard you have such cruel weapon on that matter. Unintentionally or not it's very likely to force her pass out with it."

"Amasawa you-"

"Oh no worries Ayanokouji-senpai, you know me - I know you, it can stay between... three of us." she cut me of. "Though I hope you will show some interest in redheads in the future."

I remained silent though I had many questions in my head. But most importantly, how does she know about that in the first place? And god be good to that individual who leaked that information to her.

Then there was silence in the cave, not tense but not comfortable either.

After minute of Amasawa staring at me, and with me looking at fire I decided to speak.

"What do you want, Amasawa?"

"Nothing. Absolutely nothing, Ayanokouji-senpai. Only to help you not to get expelled yet."she said "Although I was going to take Nanase from here, there is no need for her to be with you anymore. It's natural for teammates to take care of each other after all."

"Actually about that. It would be for best if she stays with me for some time."I said "Weather outside is not good while cave is warm, and I have some prepared herbs for her."

Amasawa was taken back with that but only for moment and I wouldn't have noticed it if I wasn't paying attention to her, but then a most cunning grin replaced it.

"Careful, you may hurt my feelings if you continue that way Ayanokouji-senpai."she said in sad mocking tone "But if you insist, who am I to refuse."

Not long after she left.

A/n: I am so sorry that I can't get myself back to write. My lazy ass got so lazy late days that- Hell, I don't remember writing anything recently.

This chapter is 4 months old draft that I couldn't even finish up properly. And there's tons of other half-writtens.

Don't know when I will continue, so I can say for sure that this and my other(Ichinose) fanfic are temporary on hiatus.

Again, my sincere apologies for publishing this excuse-for-chapter.