Chapter I

Area D3 - 7th Day

Kiyopon

"Can you help with that?"

A thin, yet smoth hand grasped mine, squeezing it softly

"I... promise to help you."

"You're completely drenched. It wouldn't be good if you fall sick, shall we go?"

"...Yes"

Nanase tightened her grip on my hand and was standi-

"Behind you! Senpai!"

Nanase pushed me to the left from my initial place in front of her, where swing of that thing would undoubtedly hit me.

Taking balance to not to fall, I observed what was happening only to see retreating Nagumo with wooden mace in a hand. Where did he got one, I've got no idea. But with that hit before he could make me unconscious no doubt.

Seems like I couldn't hear him approaching me because of rain. Over the past hour, the rain has been pouring harder and harder. And the cold and strong wind reaches the very bones.

There is no trace of yesterday's weather.

I took a few steps back and took my fighting stance. Nanase was also trying to stand up but no use, she was exhausted from previous fight with me. The best she can do to stand is by leaning to the tree behind, and that would not help the situation in any way.

"Oh, Ayanokouji, you're gonna fight with me?"

"Most likely"

Of course I am not going to fight him, there's no gain from it. On the contrary it would make me spend more energy.

"Then, it's not me alone you will be fighting"

After he said it human figures started to come from the woods. One, two..., five third-years in total and all of them have some kind of wepons, sticks, rocks in a hand.

Even if I wanted to fight them now, I am not sure in victory in my current state. But if Nanase could also fight with me, then we got overwhelming chances of winning.

But no, Nanase can't even stand straight and I'm pretty exhausted, although there is no use in fighting them. There is only option in current situation.

"Senpai run! Take your bag and run! I will do my best to buy time for you."

Seems like Nanase also understood it. Even if I fight them, there could be more hiding in a woods. Some of them could actually recording the whole process and if it's needed they can edit the video like I was attacking them.

So, yes. Runnig away is the best and only option here.

Both of our bags were right opposite to us and seems like Nagumo and other third-years didn't bother with them.

Are they so confident in a fighting?

Must be so. If I was in their place facing and outnumbering two unremarkable kouhais , and when one of them can't even stand straight, surely I would bother with their bags in a last place. But I still would bother.

But after shout from Nanase about bags and running away two third-years were heading towards our bags, while Nagumo and other two were closing distance between us.

I glanced back and saw Nanase standing but leaning to the tree. Our eyes met and she gave me a nod. I nodded back and ran straight to the bags.

On the way to the bags one of the third-years swing with his stick towards my ribs, stick itself seemed dried and hard and in form itself was very comfortable to handle.

I dodged it only to face another third-year who was readying himself to throw a rock to me. No, not only one rock, both of his pockets were full of rocks.

Well, I can do nothing with rocks, only to dodge them while covering my face with my hand. One of rocks hit me on the shoulder, another one on my lap before I reached Nagumo himself. Now this rocker-thrower can't throw them without risk hitting Nagumo.

As predicted he stopped throwing.

"You move well, twinkle toes, but this is were it ends."

Nagumo chuckled and swong with his heavy wooden mace in direction of my guts. This hit would surely leave me unable to stand if it reached me. But the problem of heavy wepons such as maces is that they are very hard to control them because of their unbalanced weight. And once you swong it, it will require all of your strength to stop it to change direction of hit.

So basically what I am going to do after he swong his mace is to crouch and hit right at the handle of his mace. Just as predicted his grip couldn't take such force and now mace was in the air.

Before mace fell to the ground I ran with all my speed towards the bags. I reached the bags before other two were even close to them, it should not surprise them I hope.

So here I am.

The only thing to do was to put bag on the back and run.

But-

I looked around and saw how two of third-years were about five meters away from me, Nagumo with frown brows and twisted mouth was going in fast pace towards me, and in the distance about 20-25 meters was Nanase. Two other third-years were slowly approaching her, probably knowing that she can't run away as me.

She caught my eye and give me thin smile, however that smile didn't reach her eyes. She must know what's coming for her. They will probably hurt her enough, so she couldn't continue this special exam.

I took last glance at Nanase, or last I thought, knowing that she will likely end up with broken or dislocated arm. Clearly there was horror in her eyes, but she tried not to show it.

But for some unknown to me reason instead of taking bag and running away, I took only both of our tablets and 2 litres of water and ran.

But I ran towards Nanase this time. I bumped and pushed four of them including Nagumo on the way and reached Nanase in couple of seconds.

"Senpai? What are you doing, senpai?"

Without any word I gave her all the gathered items and picked her up in arms and ran in direction of certain place in southern part of our appointed area E2 which I noticed before. From our current area D3 it would not take along if I ran, about hour at most with the addition of rain.

Nagumo and other right behind us.

"You should leave me."

"I did say that I don't want to be burden for you, senpai, so leave me."

But I just ignored her and concentrated on the road. Seeing me doing so Nanase quieted down and was looking at me with guilty and puzzled expression.

For ignoring her question I got more reason than just concentrating. Truth is I didn't know myself why did so. Questions started popping in my head and I got no answer to them. Deciding to think about it later on I kept running.

A/n: As you can see I decided it would be Nagumo to be a person on a picture for some unknown to me reason. I know it's short, but I wanted to be done with such dynamic scene. Next chapter will be more based on their interaction, thoughts and completing various taks.

Vote if u liked it.