Chapter 1: The Meeting

My whole life...I was forced to make difficult decisions. I've always thought I had more purpose in this strange world.

The war has put great stress on me, and my people. Those poor souls having their homeland turned into battlefields, food is ruthlessly taken from them for the sake of this war that has been going on for 300 years.

Now I have a decision to make as well...surrender to the rascal Vermillions, and give up everything my ancestors put their life through or..die fighting them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm currently walking to a meeting with my older sister, Clove, and my uncle, Lord Arkos. I was getting nervous. I've never gone to a meeting before.

You can get through this, Ayame it's just a stupid meeting.

I sighed.

"All rise for the Princess of the Vermillion Empire," As the words escaped the guard's mouth, I slightly scoffed. "Princess Kharis"

I was the first one to sit down, not caring for traditional manners.

As she sat down, I could feel Clove getting nervous, so I held her hand. She looked at me and smiled. I smiled back and looked back at that wretch.

I surely don't know why Clove is this nervous because of this chick. I could just shift and rip her into two.

"As you know..," She began. "This war has to end...Since the original dragons began this war.."

I began to think...Why is she here, wasting her time on us, while she could be winning this bloody war...with the prince.

"Will go extinct"

"How insulting.." As the general cut off Kharis' lecture, Clove leaned over to me as our uncle began yelling at Kharis.

"As we speak, the Crimson Army continues to desecrate our land! Yet, you call us here to spout this drivel? Do not waste our time with these "negotiations."

"Alright. In year's time, the Crimson Dragon, Prince Kyro shall ascend to the throne...Until then, it seems there are more pressing matters" I turned my head away from her and scoffed.

Uncle Arkos got furious with her statement. "More pressing matters than the violence he perpetuates? Or the lives of those he slaughters? Get to the point, Kharis. What do you want?"

She smirked a bit. I can tell something bad is going to happen. I tightly gripped cloves hand.

She sighed. "The same thing you do"

Lies

"I want to put an end to the suffering this war has brought, and watch the clans return to the peaceful times or our forefathers..."

"However..I cannot do it alone. Despite my best efforts, I've come to realize that any alliance between our clans cannot be forged in ink"

What is she talking about?

"But in our blood" she continues. "As I see it, the Azure Clan will never see the end of this war. Not until it gained the prince's favor and his highness cannot become king until he obtains-"

She stopped for a minute and looked at Clove.

She wants Clove to marry Kyro?! Are you crazy?!

"..Something else."

"A Bride."

Arkos was furious with the request but stood silent.

"As per his majesty's request..A princess with the blood of a Dragon"

I heard a loud thud and bolted up, looking at who did that. "You're out of your damn mind, Kharis! The Crimson Dragons have decimated this bloodline for centuries! I would rather die than watch one of my nieces be handed off as an appeasement gift to that- that savage!"

As The General tore into Kharis' speech once again...I could see the sadness behind Clove's sapphire eyes..She's not going to agree to this...is she? Yet, she stood up, quieted our uncle, and agreed to it. I couldn't just sit here and do nothing about it.

"You did say someone with the blood of a dragon, correct?"

"Ayame, it's ok-"

I silenced Clove and stared at her. I muttered, "I'm sorry.."

I stood up and said, "I would like to accept the offer, instead of Clove."

Uncle Arkos looked at me with bewildered eyes. "Are you crazy, Ayame?! Why would you hand yourself over to that vile creature?! Who knows what he'll do to you?!"

I stood there, looking at Kharis. "Please accept my offer."

"Y-your a dragon?"

"I am Ayame, Crowned Princess of the Zariya Empire. I am the Spiritual Dragon. N-now, if you don't mind...I think I'm going to excuse myself..I need to..to.." I ran out of there, not a care in the world.

"Princess!"

I ran back home and slammed the door shut. I began to cry.

I kept my promise, didn't I? When I said I would do whatever it takes, to save these poor people. If only I could save you too..Mama..Papa..

Flashback 10 years ago Let's just say your 18 years old. .>.

I stood at the battlefield, my mother and father laid on the ground, dead. I quickly ran to my parents and cried.

"Mama! Papa! Please..Don't leave me.."

________________________________________________________________________________

That went far better than I expected. And despite my presumptions, that girl with the black hair was something else. Afraid but Determined. I've seen that kind of stubborn tenacity before..in him.

Still, perhaps I am being too hopeful. Those two descend from a line of Ancient Enemies. Maybe bringing them together may only result in further bloodshed. We just have to hope everything will turn out good...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: How was the first chapter? Comment down belowwwwww unu. Anyways, have a great day/night! Also, stay safe! <3

Words Counted: 912