Rough Seas (Old Version)

From the moment we were fired upon to when she spoke those words smiling menacingly, I knew we were in some type of danger, but it was only when we were in sight of the enemy that I then knew how bad the situation had gotten.

And seeing her only confirmed it.

Word goes that no ship worth their salt that sailed in WWII would go without hearing at least once of the Bismarck-class Battleships, the dreaded machines of war built by the Nazi Regime for the sole purpose of sinking the enemy before they had the chance to realize that they had just been hit, about how the Bismarck had managed to sink the pride of the royal navy and evade the world for weeks after, and how should any convoy be unfortunate enough to bump into one of them, that they should turn tail and run while they still could.

And here was her sister, the mighty Queen of the North, sailing just a few meters away with almost all guns aimed at her and her rescuers and another enemy ship right next to her, this one an aircraft carrier that looked not quite as powerful as her fellow comrade but equally as deadly.

We were screwed!

I could only stare at the woman dressed in white, frightened and scared out of my mind, when she began laughing almost maniacally, while the woman behind her looked on indifferent.

"When my sister informed me of the latest arrival to your fleet, I must say I expected something quite different, or at least powerful," she spoke out of breath from laughing so hard, "but imagine my surprise when instead I'm met some shipwreck raised from the ocean floor, not even a weak minded torpedo boat, but a Cargo ship."

She paused taking in a breath; "If I had known about how easy this was going to be, I wouldn't have even bothered sending anyone with me when I could just take care of it myself."

The woman holding me started to respond and I looked up at her, she looked at the woman very coldly but one could still tell that there was warmth in her gaze, almost as if she saw battle not as a job but as one's solemn duty, the soft day-light illuminated her smooth face and her light-violet eyes, and she carried me with a soft touch.

She shouted back, "You're one to talk, what with you being sold for scrap after sinking back in 1944," but the lady smoothly replied, the smile no longer on her face: "Ahh, yes, but that was then, this is a new world and its safe to say that I'm not going to make the same mistakes."

"You wanna bet on that!" The taller one of the lady's friends shouted back.

"No, I think I'll pass, don't want to be betting on a sure-fire thing after all." She gestured back behind her: "I'm sure you're familiar with my associate, Graf Zeppelin." She finished and the woman dressed in black stepped forward, gave a short bow, and stood back up once again baring her teeth.

The three people with me all seemed to ready themselves for battle and, the woman noticing this, said "We all seem to know what's about to happen here so I want to present you with an offer, you surrender and follow us back to our base and you will all become prisoners of war, unharmed, of course."

"Like hell we are!" The woman holding me shouted back, and the one who spoke chuckled softly, "Ya, ya, I guessed as much" and another salvo fired from the ship.

The round pierced through the hallway behind us, tearing through metal and shearing pipes, rocketing through wall after wall until it finally stopped in some crew section, it rocked the ship and all of us were knocked off our feet, including the woman who dropped me accidentally in the effort to regain her balance.

I crashed harshly against the rough floor, trying my best to cover my ears, only managing to get one arm up to my head while the other lay almost limply in front of me, a rising pain beginning to emanate from it.