Repercussions (Old Versions)

Hearing from the foreman working on the Ourang Medan that a couple of G-men had come down from Washington D.C. to try and reclaim the ship for investigation had certainly been surprising but not unexpected, to be frank the most surprising part of the whole ordeal was how long it had taken for them to notice.

This and the way they were going about the whole business.

They went down to the Dry Dock without proper permission, there was no warning sent proclaiming their arrival and they didn't contact the base commander at all beforehand to at least discuss the manner and reasoning behind their interfering.

You'd think for being the base commander, they'd give you a little more respect as a high ranking officer in comparison to a normal civilian but they didn't even wait for us to have a conversation with each other explaining their presence before disappearing from sight, leaving behind only the impressions they left on the people they encountered.

And it wasn't like we could just give them a call because surprisingly, throughout everything that happened, they did not once give out their contact info.

I was upset, sure. You'd think that they'd at least conduct themselves a bit more responsibly, but instead of focusing on what should have happened we looked into what did.

So, we asked for a couple of personnel to go around questioning people on how the FBI agents had acted so that we could file a report on their behavior later while me and Belfast went once again to visit Madeline and Enterprise before the day was over.

Chances were that the second those G-men had heard that the Ourang Medan had actually belonged to Madeline, they took off running towards her hospital, eager to ask intruding questions and berate her for giving non-sufficient answers.

Though I did ponder what those FBI agents might have took for sufficient.

The ride over was overall quick much like it had been the past few days but hopefully it would be the last one, progress on the Ourang Medan had been going swimmingly and hopefully they would be ready by tomorrow to start moving on to the repairs though the correct phrasing would probably be overhaul.

It would all be worth it in the end though, so long as Madeline would make a full recovery and be able to sail properly without risk of harming herself.

We arrived at the hospital and walked to her room but were surprised this time to find a nurse standing outside the door, normally they would just be walking about and occasionally check in on her so to see one standing guard like this raised a couple questions.

"Excuse me." I called out to the man who reacted almost immediately by turning to face me and giving a salute, "O-Oh, Commander! I wasn't expecting to see you here today."

"You can relax, kid. You're not on trial here." I responded and he seemed to relax a little.

"Yes, right. Thank you sir."

"It's fine. So, is it alright for us to head in?"

"Oh you can head inside but I'm afraid you'll have to keep the noise down."

"How so?"

"I don't know the details myself but Miss Enterprise told me stand guard here and watch for any men in black suits who'll try to approach us. They had apparently gotten into an argument regarding Miss Madeline and had upset her quite a bit, so she also asked if she could have the room to herself while she tried to keep her calm. It was quite some time ago though so I think that she might be sleeping now, I'm not entirely certain though, I didn't want to intrude on their privacy."

"I'll be sure to keep that in mind, thank you."

"Thank you, sir!" He proclaimed and then stepped away from the door allowing us to creak the door open carefully and silently before slowly stepping inside.