Chapter 1

I stood in front of our house's main door while I wandered. I appreciated how the trees around us created incredible scenery inside our kingdom. Yes, I lived in a domain, away from human civilization, and maybe, we could live with humans as long as our Alpha King permitted us. He was too strict and ruthless, but I didn't want to question why he was doing it. It was because he wanted to protect us. Humans and other creatures were too dangerous.

“Trade those crops in the township, not significant from the Kingdom of Tulinda!" 

I was brought from reality when I heard a familiar voice not far from my standing. There, I found out it was my mother who found me standing there. 

My mom’s expression had been in my brain since she was on the lawn with my father, who took it hard to earn a living. It was hard for us to reach and live the dream I wished for when we were just poor, favored being the lowest positions of werewolves here in the kingdom. Our jobs revolved around some low thought jobs, but farming was not that low. It was somewhat professional as the kingdom members here couldn't eat fresh fruits and veggies if it were not for us. Lucky for them, they lived in a mansion and were not struggling. 

I don’t know who the hell leveled those jobs so low. She should be punished for looking down on us.

And if we wanted to have another job, we needed to marry a person or at least be mated to higher-positioned werewolves so our lives would move up.

"That's kinda weird. I don't want to be married, either. I better stay with this position," I murmured. 

"Fine!" I replied to mom.

I get the basket full of crops and others, which will be sent to the town of Secoya. Just a small town next to the woodlands. I could see the heaviness of the basket in how I carried it when the formation of my body had been curved, which almost made my other grip low. It had not leveled to the other hand of mine.

“Goodbye!” I shouted, waving a hand to my parents. "And I won't be back unless I can't sell it all!"

"Alright! Be safe!" father shouted back.

They stopped working and bending their knees. Instead, they stood straight as they waved their hands while holding some farming tools. They kept reminding me of important things for safety, as entering the woods alone would not be safe. Afterward, they murmured something that wasn't audible to me. 

Nevertheless, I did not mind it and continued to walk. The woods were sometimes scary, but I had already passed through them several times. It was not horrifying. What deemed it dangerous was the villains from the other kingdoms who went there to scare some trespass they saw and smelled even though the area was never declared theirs. 

As far as I could remember, woods had no owner. Everyone could pass, wander around, and worse, make it a battle area to end the mess. However, other kingdoms created some markings on what areas were free to be roamed.

With a sigh, I continued to walk, bringing all the baskets and some plastic with something I needed to sell. Then, I stopped walking, stopping in front of the considered entrance. 

“No one can harm me amid the woods," I whispered, making myself better and not letting my inner wolf be worried. “No need to be scared at all.”

"As you should," my inner werewolf replied to me. 

I did not mind her and just tapped my shoulder, which made me feel a bit robust to continue and enter the woods. Squirrels scattered around, and some unusual sounds of wild animals started to reverberate. It was normal. Woods were their home, so why would I bother? 

I stepped my left foot on the dried leaves that scattered around, creating an unusual sound that creeped me out. My heart was jumping in intense nervousness, but I didn't know why. It might be because there was a danger that was approaching me.

"I am sure nothing will happen to me here," I mumbled. My eyes rotated around. Cold air welcomed me; birds flew around and leaves danced, bumping each branch. 

After a few minutes, I had already reached the middle of the woodlands. Tall trees around, and many ferns were at the side of the tiny road that could only pass through it.

I knew in the minutes I would arrive in the town. But as I went on to move, my inner wolf had signaled me.

"Danger! Danger! Run! Run!" 

I heard it in my mind. Shit. I didn't know what it meant. There was no one around except those animals and me.

It was as if it told me that danger would push me into trouble. 

As I shook my head, I wanted to move, but a bush around me shifted.

“Attack!” A shout came from the male’s voice; it seemed to be the voice of a guard from the kingdom. 

"What?!" I asked. "I am not an enemy!"

"Kill them all!"

My eyes widened in shock, and I froze from my standing. I was the only one standing here in the woods, and they wanted to attack me. Their voices were too familiar to me, and I could tell they were the guards from our kingdom. And they should not strike me as I am not an enemy.

However, things happened too fast. I thought it was some joke, but I almost collapsed when I saw them all……

To be continued…. 

___

I know this is still imperfect in grammar, sentence structures, and other forms. Still, I'll edit it again once I finish writing the entire novel. As you know, this is a trilogy, so expect some characters here to leaf off the second installment. I can't name them, but I hope you can read them too.

All rights reserved. This novel was posted on wattpad under the username @TheDarkProphecy. 

Trivia: My first draft of this novel was written last January after the aftermath of a vast and devastating typhoon hit my location. It was terrible, and our house was partially destroyed. December 16, 2022, is the first anniversary. I can't forget it.