Chapter 2

Chapter 2

What is transpiring here? Am I going to die?

I stood straight and still froze. Despite how I demanded to run away, it wasn't working. I once urged it and instructed my inner wolf to do its thing to help me out of there, but it was not cooperating, and I was still stuck here in the woods.

"Kill that damn bitch!"

There were a lot of werewolf guards running in my direction. All of them had well-built muscles and surely could kill me. I was thin, and my werewolf strength could not surpass them unless I fought with pups, but I was not. 

I am in a near-death situation. And I am sure I have not stepped into their so-called territory. I am sure no one owned this land. 

'This is no longer a dream. This is reality!' I thought.

My eyes widened in shock, making me throw the crop tray away. It was way better considering my security rather than those crops. I was attacked, and I knew my parents could understand me. Well, they were not heartless.

Still, I need guidance about where I should go and what I should do. I started moving away, but my steps seemed less fast than theirs. To formulate a plan in my head, I stared at them.

Wait. Am I right from what I am seeing right now?

Seeing many of them running toward me made me think I had hallucinated about it. It was a battalion of werewolf soldiers, and some jumped off while transforming into their werewolf form. I tried blinking twice, yet I am seeing the same way.

“Damn!” I said as I faced my back, then moved.

I ran as fast as possible with the help of my adrenaline rush and werewolf strength; my speed increased a bit, but it was not enough to escape them. 

At this moment, I discovered an opponent was running in my direction to meet the enemies. Maybe I was the only opponent they considered to have set foot in the so-called territory.

I continued to run no matter which part of the woods my feet would bring me. The direction of the following was going to the east-west, away from our kingdom.

I no longer knew where I was going. Shit.

The surroundings darkened. All I thought was to escape out of here. The sky was covered with clouds, and it seemed it would rain later on. 

"Mom, help me," I whispered and tried to connect my thoughts with her through a mind link, but it didn't work. 

When I saw some enemies near me, some were on my side and others at the back, and I started to shiver and almost collapsed on the ground. However, I kept hoping I could survive and would not be trapped in this mess.

“I am not included in the fight!” I shouted that at them. “Maybe you’re just mistaken in what you’re looking for!”

“We’re not mistaken,” replied a werewolf still in human form and running faster than me.

"No!" I responded.

I moved even faster, and I also ran faster than them. But I was still weak in their eyes, even though I knew I should stop because I was not an opponent. It might only make them think  I was one.

I looked behind me and saw two men a few years older than me as if they were even younger. Since my gaze kept wandering around, I slipped into the ground, making me halt moving.

I was gasping for breath sitting on the ground, and I couldn’t even stand up because I felt my knees weaken. 

It was the signal to surrender to them as I heard the werewolves fighting and shouting around me, and some died. Bloods covered their werewolves' form. The others, still in human form, jumped above, almost reaching the tallest branch, and immediately became a werewolf. In short, everything around me was too chaotic as hell.

I turned my gaze back to the werewolf standing in front of me. I suddenly felt a sharp nail pressed on my left arm.

“The woman in front of you, Beta Roger, has a smell from the Tulinda Kingdom. She is considered an enemy who needs to be killed even if she passes by.”

“Right,” Beta called out as a man sharpened their teeth, and his eye changed as well, as did Beta’s, which turned blue. “You have to die.”

“I—”

“No matter what you say, that’s what our Alpha King is saying. The other werewolf we don’t breed that can be seen in the woods is the one who should be killed,” Beta Roger said.

“I agreed,”

Although I agreed that I was an opponent, I’m afraid I also had to disagree that they would kill me. I am innocent of everything, and it was difficult for them to be killed immediately. Only my blood was the sin and one reason they called me an enemy.

Afterward, I felt Beta’s hand. If one called his hand, he touched my hair, signaling me to look at him.

“Please,”

“No. You need to die,”

I closed my eyes and felt the sharp nails were now on my neck. It crawled, and I almost felt pain as he slowly pressed it on me. And there was only one thing I thought, and it was that I was going to die later on.

If I only knew that I would die too, I wish I could at least say goodbye to my parents. I would return the corpse to our house for them to be ready.

But a moment later, I felt like a werewolf with what he called Beta immediately said. He added, “Wait. I feel like he’s weird, and there’s blood like that an Alpha needs,” said the other guy, making me about to open my eyes.

“Really?”

“Yes, I am sure. The Alpha needs her. We should send her to the kingdom and let the Alpha sense it. He is the one who can tell it,”

“Fine. Let us bring her to the Alpha and let the Alpha decide whether to make her his enslaved person or worse, being killed.”

To be continued…. 

___

I know this is still imperfect in grammar, sentence structures, and other forms. Still, I'll edit it again once I finish writing the entire novel. As you know, this is a trilogy, so expect some characters here to leaf off the second installment. I can't name them, but I hope you can read them too.

All rights reserved. This novel was posted on wattpad under the username @TheDarkProphecy. 

Note: This is a continuation of chapter 1 and is divided into two parts.