+Chapter One+

There's a twitch of a stubby tail. A small creature hops to an open patch of grass. The rabbit blinks and tidy itself up, unaware of any predators. It feels safe enough to sit down and start to nibble on the lush grass. In the bushes, another animal lies patiently. Don't let your guard down, not even in the most peaceful moments- that's what mother says. 

The rabbit now has its nose in the grass, enjoying the break. Perfect. Quicker than a leaping fox, a cat lunges towards its prey. Without giving it a moment to react, she sinks her teeth into its neck. The little creature kicks and squirms but- no avail. Phoenix grinned at what she had caught, proud. Her hunting skills had improved- Phoenix was only 7 moons old but she had to learn to hunt at a very young age. Strike the neck first, that's how you get them- thanks, mom. Speaking of which, I have to go back. Mother will KILL me if I'm not back by sundown. 

Agreeing with herself, she picked up the rabbit and started padding through the forest. Nimbly, she raced past the trees with the air in her fur. It felt like..like her paws could take her anywhere the wind led.. Like freedom. It feels nice, but.. Lonely. That's how it's supposed to feel like right? Maybe. She couldn't decide yet.

 Phoenix looked at the setting sun, her mother was waiting for her. She tried to run faster to make good time. Finally, she was out of the thickets, and could see a small cave where she lived. ¨I'm back mother!¨ Phoenix called towards the cave. a small white head peaked out slowly, ¨ Phoenix? Why did you take so long?¨ She asks, coming out of the cave. Phoenix dragged her prey into the small cave happily¨ B-because this ¨ she meows through the rabbit fur. She watched her mother's blue eyes light up, ¨ Holy- wow, that's a big rabbit¨ she exclaimed wildly. 

¨When my mother saw the pitiful prey I brought in she would always say- Azure, prey won't come your way unless you wait for it. I was always so fidgety so I would scare the prey. ¨ She paused to look at Phoenix proudly, ¨ But you, I don't have to lecture. Your patient.¨ Phoenix nodded gratefully¨Thanks. Dig in. ¨ 

She watched her mother bend down and take a small peice of the rabbit. It wasn't very much..Phoenix looked at Azures frail frame, she hasn't eaten much in the past couple days. ¨ You too, come on- eat some of your earnings(another thing she always says)¨. Phoenix shook her head, ¨ Eat more. I'm not eating until you eat more.¨ she pushed the rabbit towards her. Azure rolled her eyes and took another acceptable bite. Phoenix nodded then finally began to eat with her. 

As time passed Phoenix had a question that's always been in the back of her mind, ¨Hey, do you think i'm old enough to hear what happened to Father..?¨ she surely had the right to an answer..right? Azure's eyes lit up as if she weren't ready for that question. She shook her head softly, " Phoenix, I need to tell you something.."