+Chapter Four+

-pat.pat.pat. 

Hasty paws padded past the forest. First off were the kitty-pets, they have to know something right? She really wants to believe that there have to be some kitty-pets that have a sense of awareness, not all caught up in their ẅet food. Surely it can't all be about gossiping and lounging around, right?

She raced through the oak trees, jumping over a couple of bushes ever so once in a while.

Finally, she was out of the trees and could see the blue sky above her. She paused to catch her breath, maybe she was a little too determined. 

Phoenix brushed off her tiredness and faced a couple of two-leg houses. She could smell that cats lived in both dens, so she picked one and walked towards it. In her mind, right is always right- so she chose that way.  She had hoped the kittypets forgot what she did...that would be the only way they could talk to her. It was a while ago. Only a few kitty-pets saw.

But.

 How fast could a rumor spread?

She ducked her body to go under a small fence, digging up some of the spare dirt to make room. She looked up at her back, the fence rubbing against her. Phoenix plainly sighed, was the fence too low, or was she eating too many rabbits? When she was pondering about it, she heard paw-steps.

¨Sweetie, are you stuck?¨ A voice in a weird accent asked.  Phoenix sighed with relief, ¨Yes, sorry to invade, but have you seen any cats around who look like me? I'm trying to find my parents.¨She meowed politely. Phoenix was straight to the point while she struggled to get out of the tan fence.

 "Oh!" She exclaimed. The wide-eyed white she-cat padded towards her, concerned on the other side of the fence. ¨ Yes- oh sweetums your barely older than a kit- and you cant find your parents??" Phoenix nodded, her head still facing the ground. The white cat's ears perked up in realization, "Oh, and let me help you!¨ She meowed happily. (edit: yes she says oh way to many times)

A little offended by being called barely older than a kit, Phoenix huffed and dug up the dirt to make room. The she-cat also helped her out with getting her unstuck. Phoenix finally wiggled out with a few heavy breaths. ¨ Th-thank you, I appreciate it," she said. It took Phoenix a minute to recall why she came to this weird she-cat- then she remembered.

 "Did you say something about my parents?¨ She asked. The white she-cat nodded her head and slowly padded towards her, ¨Lets see If anyone looks like you..let me take a better look at your face n' pelt now. Let's see-¨". She peered close into Phoenix's emerald green eyes.  After taking a clearer look at Phoenix, the white cat gasped. "Oh." She said confused.  "Wait-"

¨ Are you the young kitty that... was that you?¨ The white she-cat had slowly started to back away from her, clearly uncertain with a hint of suspicion.

The inevitable fear rose in the Phoenix pelt, sending a shiver down her spine. She didn't know what to say. Do I lie? How does she know? I don't know what to do, I don't know what to do... She went on scenarios in her head. ¨ I remember you now," the white cat's eyes filled with fear," - it was you- get away from me!"The she-cat yowled, her backward walk turning into a forward run. 

Phoenix hadn't had a chance to reply-she should have lied. If only I were quicker to answer, maybe she actually knew my parents..maybe- a mushy feeling came inside of her once more, she bolted from the small house, jumping over the fence this time. What would that white cat say? Would she tell her friends not to speak to the striped cream-colored cat- or the she-cat with emerald eyes? Phoenix began to spiral once more, having more and more anxiety just thinking about it.

As terrified and stressed she was, after a breathing break Phoenix still went around asking the kittypets. Her confidence and hope only shattered. They all ran, hissed, or yelled at her. It wasn't my fault..it wasn't. The day had almost passed and she had gotten zero to no information about her family or her parents.

  Maybe it's starclans form of "karma"..

It felt like it was hopeless now. She walked on paved cement, her tail dragging to the ground. Maybe it was too late to start searching. At least I have a mom who was there for me, she thought thinking about Azure. 

Suddenly, a loud voice came up behind her ¨Phoeny? Is that you?¨ 

(edit: Hi guys!! My story doesn't seem to be getting very "popular" but I'm still trying to post once a week for the fun of it :)