Trials

Izuku and Kyoka moved to the couch to continue their conversation. Kyoka sipped her tea and spoke, "Hey, I've been meaning to ask... How many siblings do you have? I've heard you mention you have several."

Izuku bit his lip. "4," is all he said. "Really? Nice. I have a brother but he's overseas. What are yours like other than Itsumi?" "My elder brother Hiashu is basically a clone of our dad. He's working as a military intelligence officer. Then I have a baby sister who I haven't seen in a while. She's about a year old now." Izuku recollected.

"Sorry to hear." She took one last sip of her tea and placed the cup on the coffee table Infront of them. "What now?" She asked. "You tell me." "How about we play a game to get to know each other better." "Why?" "Right now, you're the only person I can trust. May as well have a good relationship." "Fine. But call me Izuku. Midoriya feels a bit worn." He requested. "Only if you call me Kyoka." "I can live with that, Kyoka." "So can I, Izuku."

"Wanna play 20 questions." She asked. "Move it down to 5." "Why?" "I have a lot to hide." Is all he responded. "Ha! Don't we all." She mumbled. Izuku's lips contorted into a half-smile. "Question one. Who was your first celebrity crush." "All Might. Who else would it be." Izuku snickered. "Of course he is. Mine was Pedro Pascal. Even if he was alive a thousand years ago he's still a good actor." She revealed. "True that. My turn. Who was your first friend? Male and female." "Momo and Kirishima were my first friends when I got to UA. Not anymore though but to each his own."

"Since your partially American, what's your middle name?" "Theodore." "aw! Like the chipmunk. Now that I think about it you have chubby cheeks." Jiro teased. "Hey!" Izuku whined. "Aw, cmon... Theo." "Please refrain from calling me that." Izuku pleaded. "Nope. I'm gonna use it as much as I want. Now then ask me a question." "What are your hobbies?" "Music... music and baking sometimes." "Good. So I can count on you for a cake." "Definitely. My turn. What are your hobbies." "Hitting the gym and studying." "Oh. Maybe you can spot me some time." "Later today I'll take you down to UA's gym and we can work out together." "I'd like that. So, who was your first love." "Uraraka. First and last. how about you?" "Denki. First and last."

"Heres my last question, Izuku. Tell me something you've never told anyone before." She said mischievously. "Hmm. May as well... when I was little I was diagnosed with an Elite M-count." "Woah. I knew you were Force-sensitive but not to that extreme. How much?" "50mil per antigene." "Oh my god! That's so cool. You are like at least 1000 times above the average. No wonder you are so powerful. So can you like lift stuff?" 

Izuku had a deviant smirk and nodded. Without notice, he reached out his hand and lifted her into the air. The covered her mouth to suppress her laughter. Her jacks wriggled around fanatically. "*giggle* izuku. Let me down. *giggle*" She ordered. Izuku listened and set her down. "We should hang out more." She said somberly. "I concur."

Within seconds she was out cold and Izuku chuckled. He picked her up and stood her on her feet. "Izuuuku. Sooo tiiwad." She yawned. Izuku then said, "I'll get you to your room."

Adjusting for her stumbling, he dragged her body into the elevator. The ride together in silence for there was nothing to talk about. Kyoka was somewhat unconscious with an unmoving Izuku holding her up. They lived on the same floor which made his job easier.

With a ding, the elevator opened revealing the hall of floor 3. He went one door down to the left. It was slightly ajar. Izuku wondered why he didn't notice. Maybe he was a bit distracted. Probably.

He entered her black and purple room and laid her in her guitar sheet bed. Tucking her in he left without a sound.

The next day.

Kyoka awoke in her bed. She didn't remember taking herself here. Izuku must-have. "Ugh. Well. Time to start the day." She moaned. Though it was Sunday she still felt as if she were going to school. Stress is a powerful thing. She arose and stretched. She decided to forgo a shower since she had bathed late in the night as wasn't prone to sweating.

She changed her clothes into a deep dope white Tee and baggy shorts.

Making her way to her personal bathroom, she picked up some things she'd thrown down a few days ago. When Denki dumped her... Pushing her thoughts aside she set them straight and brushed her teeth. After doing so she left her quarters and took the elevator down. She was greeted by Izuku being berated my Iida as he ate.

"How could you! Blah blah blah." Honestly, he's so anyone I don't even wanna type his dialogue as I had originally planned. Kyoka simply poured a bowl of cereal and sat beside her friend.

"Mornin. You sleep well?" Izuku asked. "Yeah. Kinda tired still." She responded. "Figured."

"Midoriya! Are you listening!?" Iida exclaimed. Jiro then mumbled, "Obviously not." This earned a laugh from Izuku. "What is that supposed to mean?" Iida asked with annoyance.

"Oh. I forgot to mention," Kaminari spoke up, "she's siding with the murderer."

"Yep." She confirmed. "How could you!? I thought we were friends." Mina exclaimed. "Apparently not. If Izuku is my only friend then so be it. He did what he had to do... And I'd do the same." She said proudly. Izuku smiled as he took a bite of his cereal. "You've brainwashed her!? Not manly!" Kirishima exclaimed. "Did you know a man is supposed to provide for his family i.e. girlfriend? Last year when I was the SR I had access to your public earnings. All that cash yet when Mina was in the hospital you paid 1...2...3...4...5... oh ZERO dollars. How manly indeed." Izuku ranted earning bursting laughter from Jiro. "Yall don't have an ounce of loyalty. You know that, right? Izuku had every legal right." Jiro pointed out. "What about his moral responsibilities!?" Uraraka spoke. "Let thousands die or kill one man. Sound pretty moral to me." Izuku retorted.

This was similar to the trolley problem. Sacrifice 1 for the sake of 5 or let the five die. Izuku made his choice. It was a good choice. "You are a vile creature!" Toru spotted. "And you damn fools." Izuku crushed his bowl to pieces and hovered it into the trash can. Less clean up if you ask me.

"Kyoka. Meet me outside the building in 2 minutes. I have something to take care of." He whispered. She nodded and head for her room.

Words 1152

Posted 18/1/2021