And Tribulations

Izuku walked out of the building still in his bedclothes since he couldn't handle his classmates' chattering. He turned around and jumped to his bedroom window. NIice, wish I could do that... IZuku climbed through his window, changed in some compression gear, grabbed a Duffle bag with towels, and jumped back down behind Kyoka who was waiting for him. "Hey." He said casually. Jiro jolted from her peaceful state and turn to say, "Don't do that!" "Why?" He asked tilting his head to the side. She blushed slightly and whimpered. Izuku had a wide smile on his face. A smile she thought he'd lost years ago since All Might died.

Izuku took the time to observe her attire. A sweater and yoga pants. "Nice clothes." He complimented. "T-thanks. I haven't been to the gym in a long time so I didn't have many clothes. Like yours." She replied. Izuku nodded. They began walking towards UA's gym.

"*Sigh* We graduate next month. What are ya gonna do after that? Pro hero work I assume." Kyoka started. "No. That career is not for me. I was thinking of another career. One where I can be myself." He explained. "Your real self?" "I've changed over the years. We all know and pretend that you don't. I've become... Darker... Cold... Pessimistic... Y'know, like a merciless machine that wants to destroy those who do wrong and those who stop me from doing right... I want to kill." Izuku ranted. Kyoka remained silent. She didn't know how to react. Izuku has shown a side she had only heard of in rumors. She then timidly asked, "Do you...like killing?"

Izuku paused mentally. Did he? He knew the thrill he felt. The voyeurism regarding death was almost addicting. Every time he heard of a bad guy's death he felt happy and almost glad they were dead. "Yes and no. I find myself at a crossroads. Ever since Allmight was killed in front of my eyes... I'll tell you a secret. Remember the guys who captured him?" "Yeah. Why?"

"It's marked that they were MIA... But I killed them. I killed them all. Everyone in that building I killed. Then I hid the bodies and now they're decomposing as if they never existed."

Kyoka was scared. His tone. His mannerism. His story. This was a man who has taken lives. Not one but many.  Yet she felt drawn to him. Not by his power or attractiveness, but by what she saw him as. A man who protects those he loves and the innocent.

They walked the rest of the journey in silence. Minutes later they entered the gym unnoticed. "What you wanna do first?" He asked. "Weights I guess. Any recommendations?" She asked. Izuku eyed her and felt her biceps. "Let's start with 100's." He said.

She nodded and walked over to the weights alongside her companion. Choosing two 100 lbs weights izuku lifted them with ease and placed them on the ground.

"Here. Lift them. And don't drop them." He ordered. She obeyed and picked them up. "Dang these are heavy." She cursed. Izuku chuckled. He picked up some 500 lbs weights and stood beside her.

"Meh. Start with your left hand... 1....2....3..."

1

She lifted with her left hand and right hand. Izuku did the same.

2

3

4

5

"Getting tired?" He asked. She was sweating but shook her head. "Okay then."

6

7

8

9

10

She placed them on the ground and let her arms go limp. "Izuuuku. Too heavy." She exclaimed gasping for air. Izuku placed his weights on the rack and did the same with hers. "C'mon, treadmill next."

She groaned and lurched towards the former torture machine. Fun fact. Treadmills used to be a brutal punishment for prisoners in 1800(?) century Britain and other countries. It was a big wheel with steps. A day was worth going up Mt Everest.

She climbed on and assumed a jogging pace while Izuku deadlifted weights. While running she attached her phone to her armband and plugged in her jack and listened to some NF

Fav song.

"Where da beat go." She mumbled as the song played a second time. She felt her legs speed up and her heart rate skyrocket. She kept running and running. Izuku came over and reminded her, "Don't push yourself." She nodded causing him to leave and do other training. A few minutes later she headed Izukus warning and jumped the machine. Her legs burned and her heart pounded. Izuku trotted up to her with a water bottle in hand. He handed it to her and told her to, "Drink." She obeyed and gulped down the life-giving fluid. "Wooh, that was intense." She sighed. "We ain't done yet."

Izuku and Kyoka did a myriad of different exercises and workouts. On the television, the reporters spoke of a new revelation. War. 

"We do not know who, but a Sith Lord has declared war on Japan." The female anchor said with shock. "Mind explaining what a sith lord is?" Said her male contemporary. "Well, you know about the Justice and Elementary Department of Inquisitors or Jedi, right? The ones with the laser swords. Sith are the complete opposite. They're like villains but way more powerful. Jedi are protectors who do not interfere with the heroes but work with them on occasions. But sith... they kidnap high M-count children and bend them to their will. If war is coming, God saves us all."

That's when Izuku made up his mind. He'd become a Jedi. He and Jiro were doing basic Jo stick fighting. He blocked crossways and kicked Jiro in the stomach. She intern recovered and jabbed his chest. They then traded blows. When they conceded, 2 hours had passed. "Time to go."

Izuku and Kyoka began to make their way home.

Though today was very uneventful, Izuku had an internal debate. Whether to be a hero or a Jedi.

He had the training and power to be a great hero with riches and fame. Being a Jedi entailed low profile work and a lot more danger than being a hero. You have a good chance of being sliced in the gut. But, he'd be making a bigger difference.

The only thing stopping him was Kyoka. He'd need to detach himself from earthly tethers. How unfortunate.