⚕️ Saviour⚕️

Lan Zhan's POV:

"Mr. Lan, all your parameters are alright. Except for mild concussion there are no other symptoms. You do have a dislocated shoulder and two broken ribs, so we'll keep you under observation for two more days as precaution." Just as Dr. San reads from a file in his hand the door opens and two other doctors walk in.

My heart beats erratically. It's him from before.

"Dr. Wei," the young junior hands my file to him, "I was just informing Mr. Lan here about his condition." Taking the file, Dr. Wei signs the document and hands it back to the junior when he raises his eyes and smiles kindly at me. "Mr. Lan, we tried finding information on your emergency contacts but were unable to find any. If you could kindly share those details it would be convenient for us to inform someone close to you."

"That won't be necessary, Dr. Wei. Having just returned back from US, I have very few relatives of mine residing here. If there are no major symptoms then I don't wish to trouble them." With a pause I look around uncomfortably and ask, "Dr. Wei, could I talk to you privately for a moment?" At my plea he nods and we are left alone.

"Yes Mr. Lan, how can I help you?" Cocking his head slightly towards right he enquires and for some reason I smile inwardly. This man has the most captivating eyes I have ever seen. They're pure and without any pretense nor malice.

"Dr. Wei, the patient whom I accompanied, how is he?" His eyes widen in surprise. He wasn't expecting my question.

"He's in placed in Intensive Care Unit at the moment. His wife is here. Unfortunately Mr. Jin seems to be critical." His tone is so professional that it makes me look down at my cast and I ask further, "Is his daughter here too?"

"Excuse me?"

With a deep sigh I look back at the man in front of me, "Dr. Wei, whatever are his medical expenses, please bill it under my name. Let him receive best medical aid as possible." I could tell that he's shocked by my words.

"Mr. Lan-" shaking my head I cut his words, "Please. Spare no expenses. Give him the best care. If you need any more assistance of mine, please let me know." I try to smile assuringly at him.

His whole body seems to be frozen as his gaze peers into my soul. Finally breaking free he enquires, "Have we met before?"

Shaking my head lightly I smile, "No, I don't think so." I wish we had though.

"Alright Mr. Lan, we'll let you know. In a moment you would be shifted to a private room." With a bow he turns to leave, but as he places his hand on the knob, he turns one last time to flash that comforting smile at me and then he's gone.

Releasing a deep breath I place my palm on my erratically beating heart. You haven't felt such strong emotions Wangji. This man is no ordinary. He's special.