⚕️Oxygen⚕️

Wei Wuxian's POV:

"Dr. Wei," nurse Reid blushes as she and nurse Ren giggle together, "Do you want us to look after that handsome young patient, Mr. Lan?"

Smiling at their cute antics I remind them, "Sorry ladies but at this moment Mr. Lan is resting in my office. If he needs your kind help, I'll let you two know." With another shade of blush coating their cheeks they smile and leave. Shaking my head I walk over to a patient and next one hour goes by in a blur, yet at back of my mind it seems that Mr. Lan has taken up residence.

"Hey!" A hand taps my shoulder and I look at a warm smiling face, "Want to grab something to eat?" It is Lian.

Checking my watch I was to answer when my phone rings and an unknown number flashes across my screen, "Dr. Wei here."

"Dr. Wei, this is Gavin Dew, Mr. Lan's assistant. Is he available at the moment?"

Gesturing Lian to wait, I walk back to my office and knock to let Mr. Lan know of my arrival, but it takes me by surprise to see him in deep slumber. Quietly retracing my steps back I whisper into the phone, "Gavin, Mr. Lan is sleeping at the moment. Could I help you in any way?"

A moment of silence meets my ear when he speaks again, "Mr. Lan is sleeping? Are you sure?"

Frowning at his words, I repeat my earlier statement, "Yes, Mr. Lan is sleeping. Is there a problem?" Why does this man sound so surprised? Is Lan Wangji suffering from insomnia?

"Please let him rest and when he wakes up, kindly let Mr. Lan know that all procedures have been carried out as per his request. I'll be there in few minutes." I almost cancel his call when Mr. Dew calls out, "Dr Wei?"

"Yes?"

"Thank you." It was a whisper and I would have missed out those words if not for my keen hearing.

What is going on?

Entering my office once again I make my way silently towards sleeping beauty on the couch. Kneeling in front of him I place my palm on his forehead to check temperature, which seems all normal. His pale skin is otherwise flawless and Mr. Dew's words come back to my forefront. Don't you get enough sleep Mr. Lan?

"If you keep staring, you'll soon fall in love with me Dr. Wei." Taken aback by his words, Mr. Lan's eyes flutter open and smiles lazily at me.

Woah! They're deep honey coloured.

Smirking at his words and composing myself quickly I smile back, "Well seems you had a good sleep Mr. Lan. How do you feel?"

Blinking twice at my enquiry, he looks around the room with a sigh and slowly scrubs his face with his uninjured hand, "Did I fall asleep?"

Same question about sleep again?

"Yes." Leaving him alone for a moment I walk towards my coffee maker. Since he likes them, why not share?

"Here." Placing a cup in front of Mr. Lan, just like before I hear a small appreciative moan from his lips and fuck. 

"Do you have trouble sleeping Mr. Lan?" He's quick to pose another question at me, "Are you asking as Dr. Wei or Wei Wuxian?"

The way my name rolls around his tongue causes me to gasp inwardly.

"Is there any difference?" I counter ask as he leans forward on the couch and gives me a mysterious smile, "If as Dr. Wei, then I cannot lie nor flirt, but if you're asking me as Wei Wuxian, then I could say that a certain unique scent in this room intoxicated me to sleep."