11

Michelle's phone rang an hour after we got home. I was cooking and Michelle was talking to me. She answered it on speaker since she was expecting a call from Amberlyn.

  "Hey Amberlyn! Are you here already?"

    "I'm not Amberlyn!" Her mother said. "But I need your help."

  "Oh I have got to hear this one! Go ahead, mother, tell me how I can possibly help you."

  "Your father died. Apparently he hasn't been paying for anything! The bank has repossessed the cars. Now they want the house too!" She cried. It sounded more like a screech. "I need money! Fast and a lot of it!"

   Michelle laughed. "You want me to give you money. To pay your bills. Because your husband didn't pay any bills with the money that he stole and tried to frame me with! Oh that is ballsy of you! Tell me, how did the bastard die? Suicide by gun? Razor blade to the wrist? Drive his car into a lake? Drink antifreeze? Overdose on pills?"

  Her mother was crying. "His car blew up! Are you going to help me out or not?"

  "No! I refuse to help anyone who can hurt their family the way you and your husband did. How dare you call wanting money from me! Sounds like you and your daughter should get jobs."

  "I think that you actually killed him." She accused Michelle.

  "When did he die? I will tell you exactly what I was doing." Michelle said calmly.

   I'm so fucking proud of her!

  "Saturday morning! What type of lie are you going to come up with?" Arlene snapped back.

   "I was in the hospital. I had a bad car accident Friday afternoon  around three o'clock. I just got out of the hospital a couple hours ago. If you don't believe me, call and ask the police. They responded to my wreck and interviewed me there yesterday. There is also the nurses, doctors, and several others who saw me there. Including my fiancee. So, no, I had no part in the fucker dying. You should check with his partner in crime. He probably had something to do with your husband. Or you could borrow money from him. In a month this number won't be working any longer. So you should forget the number. But remember my face every fucking time you close your eyes. I want you to remember the face of the daughter that you tried to frame. You lost the best thing that ever happened to you and your sorry excuse of a family!" She hung up and sat there shaking.

  I was instantly at her side. I held her and whispered the mantra of words until she pulls out of the panic attack. It didn't take but a minute.

  "I love you, Ty! You are too good for me. But I'm selfish enough to not give you up."

  "That's great! Because I'm kinda addicted to you, too! And selfish and never letting you go. We are fated to be together. Who are we to fuck with fate?"

  She stood and kissed me. Until the doorbell rang. "Damn doorbell!" She grouched.

  I  laughed as I went to let Amberlyn in. I didn't know that the entire family was going to be here. "Hi uncle T!" Camden said as he entered behind Amberlyn and Jaxon.

  "Hello nephew C! Michelle is in the kitchen." I pointed towards the dining room.

  "Amberlyn made sandwiches for everyone." Ashton said as he entered carrying two large boxes.

  I took the top one. "Thanks! I was just fixing a salad for Michelle. She can eat it later."

  "Wow! I must say that I never would have pictured you in a house like this."

  I chuckled. "Everyone says that."

   "You should show the guys your garage. I think that they would enjoy it." Michelle said with a grin.