15. Multiple MCs

Time to study the ways of the glorious ones, my pupils and what better subject than what so many fail to incorporate. From the series demanding a team of 4 main characters to fit the narrative to series about an entire lineage, sometimes it is necessary for our glorious protagonist to share his glory with his party. Let us see what exactly needs to be done.

First, I hear you, trust me. I agree, the fuck should a story need multiple protagonists? You don't want to share the women. I don't want to share the women, so who cares about it, right?

Well, those of you with excelent grades surely already went ahead and pulled the classics. Anyone who wrote a rwby story with the protagonist as a freshman and went either solo team or 5th member gets and A+, no discussion.

But... unfortunately...

Some of you just want to watch the world burn and me along with it

Some of you just want to watch the world burn and me along with it...fine...you shall have it your way...

1. Setting the relationship:

If you really need to have multiple MCs, you gotta show what the hell keeps then together. We already discussed the team idea, but that's just one of many. Why not go the family route and have them be siblings? That's sure to bring some fun.

And by 'fun' I mean having your personal favorite outshine all the rest as his hunger for attention grows larger than that of hollywood stuck in a global pandemic. After all, just cause they're main characters doesn't mean they're main characters, right?

And it should go without saying that this is when all the teammates/siblings are male, cause if you got females in the group, you already know where they go in terms of story.

Huh? What do you mean she's the sister of the main character? Who cares?

I swear, some of y'all act like The irregular at magic highschool doesn't exist

I swear, some of y'all act like The irregular at magic highschool doesn't exist. Anyway, there's the last option of friends, and it's the one I suggest cause it's easier to get rid of the other protagonists so your favorite one can do his deal cause god forbid someone else be the center of the world for a second.

You can also add the constant admiration centered around the favorite as the best or pull the opposite and you got the setup for cheating/abusing. The usual drill.

MOVING ON!

2. Powers/Abilities:

Right off the bat, there's only one of them that's the strongest and the rest are there to comment just how absurd his power is, like a peanut gallery. Here, let me show you;

See? One's the badass and the rest - his groupies

See? One's the badass and the rest - his groupies. Isn't that how school group projects are? Then you already know what you gotta do.

But let's discuss how to actually choose abilities. That depends a lot of the paper system, but in almost all stories the rest starts with their abilities already maxed out in terms of usefulness cause not self respecting writer should waste time on evolving someone else other than his golden boy.

Of course, that's not to say the favorite starts weaker... I mean...you could and make for an interesting dynamic of wanting to catch up to the group and then helping him along the way to showcase how close and strong their bonds are, but that would be-

you could and make for an interesting dynamic of wanting to catch up to the group and then helping him along the way to showcase how close and strong their bonds are, but that would be-

You don't want quality writing. Your want attention, right? Then stick to the magic formula as long as you can. And also, you should always make sure than none of the other MCs can defeat the main main one, that's the one you care about.

3. Plot relevance:

We've talked about who get the attention already, but plot is more than that. Plot means arcs and with 4 MCs, they all need their development, right? I mean, you have to distinguish them from just regular side characters still. Think of them as VIPs with certain privileges such as having the right to curse at the favorite, but in a comedic purpose, of course.

If you really want some development you can always use the classics misunderstanding and have the conclusion said character making up with the favorite. Of course, it goes without saying that any plot dedicated to other MCs has something to do with the the golden boy, cause we can't leave him out the spotlight.

Hmm? Romantic plots? Of course the MC gets th- Ohhhhhhhh...you meant for the rest... Why? What need do they have for it? I mean, when you get in fights and it's time for an upgrade...

 Why? What need do they have for it? I mean, when you get in fights and it's time for an upgrade

If they're girls, sure they'll survive, but if they're guys... They won't stick around at all. Aside from the harem members, no one is safe in the hands of your mejestic techniques.

That's about all you need to know on how to dispos- I mean handle plots where multiple main characters are required cause you wanna be professional. I still don't get why you'd need that, but so long you stick to the rules, knock yourself out.

I'll see you when there's another topic to be discussed. Till then, fill the world with your creations and one day, maybe, this website might actually reach the number of 0 users.. after they'll realize they're wasting time on here...

To be continued...