Chapter 5

This one is for EniOnifade who was really enthusiastic to become one of the characters and I liked her energy!

I hope you like it girl.
^^^

Douglas Coleman's POV.

"Baby, when is our next meeting?" I ask Temah.

She takes another look at our schedule, before looking at me.

It's been a couple of months since our honeymoon and things have calmed down a bit.

We have been as close as newly married couples can be, but I already feel as if she's strained.

Our life style is... demanding.

But I plan to make her as comfortable as possible

"In 20 minutes". She responds.

I look at her as she stands in my doorway.

Her office is still opposite mine, despite my offer to have her closer.

I beckon her with a finger and pat my knee.

She complies, walking over and sitting on my lap.

I pull her closer.

"Talk to me darling. What's going on in your head? You've been quiet" I say gently.

She shrugs, nuzzling into my neck.

"Being a Coleman is difficult" she chuckles.

I rub her back.

"You've only been here a couple months" I tease, as she puts her face in my neck for comfort.

"If you don't wanna go to this meeting, I'll make something up for you and you can go straight home?" I suggest.

She shakes her head.

"Nah I would rather just get it done so we can go home and chill. Plus I've been a little on edge for Jayla's report anyway. She said that she got one of her doctor friends to look at Marisa. A head of surgery for that matter" Temah says, looking impressed.

Head of surgery?

That is really impressive!

I'm about to talk some more, when she stands sharply and looks at the time.

"The meeting!" She almost squeaks.

I suppress a chuckle and lean down to kiss her lips gently.

"I love you" I tell her. 

She smiles up at me and gives me another kiss.

We walk hand in hand to the meeting talking occasionally, but otherwise developing a comfortable silence.

Then an idea sparks.

"How do you feel about hiring an assistant?" I ask her.

A rush of shock hits her features, and she looks at me.

"An assistant?" She repeats.

I nod, trying to gauge her reaction.

She shrugs at me.

"I'll think about it" she says simply.

Is that a good or bad thing?

We go to the meeting, and as usual, Temah is very vigilant.

Me on the other hand?

I find myself staring at her often and getting distracted by the sound of her even speaking.