chapter 6

Aarnav's POV

It was hard to punish my little baby even though she deserved it. What she did was all unexpected. I think if she should have gone little easy with her attitude Abeer would have have allowed her for party after all he is wrapped around her fingers even if he is strict but now she is definately not going.

"Aarnav you did a good job. I never expected you to do this." Abeer called out from back and it took me by shiver. 

"Oh! Did I scared you? Seems like you were in deep thinking." He said while taking a seat beside me.

"No, its absolutely okay I was just thinking about Pahel." I replied getting myself together. "Which job were you talking about?" I asked even though I knew the answer.

"Dealing with Pahel." He said smiling.I know he was not expecting me to do that. I have never done it before. 

" I had to do that to let her know that she just cannot get away with all the mesh easily. She should know my other side also so next time she knows when to draw a line when she wants to throw these tantrums again." I said trying to be little serious even though I would never do this again. 

"HHHmmmm..... I can understand that but I think you should have allowed me to deal with her. You should have kept the good repo in front of her." He said it in a way as if I did something wrong. Was he trying to make me guilty. But then I saw him smilling on my expressions and I knew he was pulling my leg. 

"UUmm.... You are right bhai I should have. So now I should go and tell her that it was you who nodded to me to do all that and I really didn't wanted to do. I'm really sorry and as for it she can go to the party." These words of mine made him raise his eyebrows towards me. And before I could say or do anything he left for the study.

Pahel's POV

I don't know for how long I stood there but it might be long enough as my cries were subsided and I was no longer sobbing. My hands were hurting alot.

"You can get your hands down now." It was Abeer. I turned around to see him standing right behind me with his hands crossed on chest. His expressions were unreadable. " I hope you learnt your lesson and will not repeat your act." I just nodded and looked at the floor. For the first time I noticed the print of the carpet in the study. I saw Aarnav entering the room. 

"Had fun in the corner." He was really in good mood. No one can say that few minutes or hours before he was burning in anger. But this comment from him with a laugh brought a smile on mine and Abeer's face. Abeer hugged me tightly. I felt guilty for behaving like that.

" I'm sorry." I spoke in his shirt.

" I know kiddo. You are forgiven." He placed a kiss on my head and left the room leaving two of us alone.

" I'm sorry." I said to Aarnav giving him the most innocent look I could muster. He smiled and gave me a warm hug. 

Then we both got down to study till the time Abeer called us for dinner. I was so exhausted that I must have fallen asleep on table as next morning I woke up in my room and when I went downstairs my brothers forced feeded me extra breakfast saying I didn't ate my dinner last night. God I am never ever sleeping during dinner.