16//: A Nonchalant Test

You walk into class the next day, a little happy to be done with internships. You see Izuku at his seat and walk up to him.

"Izuku, how are you doing?" You ask.

"Hi, Y/N. Don't worry, I'm fine," he says. "It was lucky Endeavor came to save us," he says. 

"Right," you wink at him. He looks at you nervously.

"Wait, how-"

"Dude, I know you took down Stain. You wouldn't let him beat you," you say. Izuku laughs and you notice a tint of pink on his cheeks. As you two are talking, you hear Kirishima and Sero laughing on the other side of the room. You and Izuku look over in curiosity. Standing there was Bakugo with his hair down in the stupid fancy style. You laugh and walk over to them.

"Shut up! My hair's gotten used to it!" he yells.

"Oh! Oh! Guys! You've got to see this!" you show Kirishima and Sero the picture of Bakugo in his jeans you took the other day. They burst out laughing.

"I'll kill you!" Bakugo yells.

"Yeah I'd like to see you try pretty boy," Sero laughs. Bakugo yells.

"'WHAT DID YOU CALL ME!?!" His hair poofs back up like an explosion. 

"Hey, there it goes!!" You all yell. Bakugo growls. Bakugo continues yelling at you three until Mr. Aizawa comes in the room. You all take your seats and divert your attention to him. He says that you will be doing training to see how much you improved during internships. You sigh, knowing you didn't learn much. Not that you needed to, but it would have been cool. 

Everyone puts on their hero outfits and goes to a training ground with All Might. The terrain is something of a maze. Poles, pipes, and factories are all packed together. As you're inspecting your surroundings, Izuku comes up to you and taps your shoulder.

"Sup?" You greet him.

"I got something cool to show you. It's something I learned during my internship," he says. He looks excited. You smile.

"Alright, can't wait," you laugh. All Might explains that this will be a rescue training and that we have to make our way through the labyrinth and be the first to find him out of 5 people. All Might continues talking and assigns everyone to their group. You are in group 2.

"All right. First group, get to your places." All Might says. Izuku, Ojiro, Mina, Sero, and Iida take their places.

"Iida hasn't completely recovered yet, right?" Denki asks. "He should sit this out." 

"Man, everyone in this group has really good mobility," Kirishima asks.

"Huh. I'd say Midoriya is at a heavy disadvantage against those four," Momo says.

"That's what I think." Jiro agrees. "Moving around quickly isn't really one of his strong suits, that's for sure."

"Whenever he uses his powers, he gets badly injured," Momo says.

"Who's your pick, I'm betting on Sero," Kirishima asks us.

"Oh yeah? Hm... I got odds on Ojiro," Denki says. 

"I choose Ashido. She's got a super athletic body!" Mineta says.

"I know Deku will be last," Bakugo says behind you. You smirk at him.

"Hmm, I think Izuku's got this one," you say. People look at you surprised. "I feel like he's got something up his sleeve." Bakugo scoffs.

"Even if he's still recovering, I think Iida's got this one," Uraraka says. Tsu ribbits in agreement.

"Is everyone ready? Begin!" All Might shouts. Everyone immediately starts running towards where All Might is. At first, Sero has the advantage, using his quirk to swing from building to building. Like Spiderman... you think. Suddenly, Izuku flies past Sero at an amazing speed, taking first place. He jumps off pipes and buildings. Amazing!

"He learned how to control his quirk!" You exclaim. Bakugo growls behind you. This isn't his usual annoyed growl, it's a real one. Like he is seriously angered. You look at Izuku and see it. His movements are just like Bakugos! The way he jumps and lands and spins in the air. Bakugo must be furious. While Izuku learned how to do this, all Bakugo learned was how not to yell at people. And it isn't even all that effective. But right before Izuku makes it to All Might, he slips and falls, deeming Sero the winner. 

You stand on your placemark, ready. You're against Bakugo, Kirishima, and a few other people. You don't really feel like wasting time so you decide to just fly there. The race begins and you fly high up so you can spot where All Might is. When you see him, you simply fly over and obtain first place. A few minutes later, everyone else arrives, only to find you already there. All Might congratulates you. It doesn't mean much though. It's not like it was a challenge. Bakugo scoffs, having gotten second place. 

Word count: 832

(Hey guys, I just wanted to make a small chapter since a few of mine have been kinda long.)