Age of Reflection

Somewhere In Darkness

The boy felt like he had been walking for hours. With each step he took that brought him further ahead, he felt as if no end would come to show itself in time. Within this empty void that he wandered, Eniro felt an unassuming urge to continue on; he didn't know where he was or how he got there, and frankly, he didn't care enough to want to figure it out. He just wanted to leave.

"........"

The Lalafell didn't say a word as he trudged along, clad in a dark, almost charcoal colored variant of his original tattered cloak. He liked the color, admittedly, it's naturally darkened atmosphere mixed with the soulless grey bringing him a sick sense of comfort while trapped in...Wherever he was. Though, in a state such as this, comfort was a luxury; one that he'd soon find to not persist after long.

"What in the-"

Before a reaction could be mustered from his lips, the ongoing dark suddenly shifted into that of the Crystal Tower. The entire thing was nearly destroyed, with noticeable cracks in the flooring and Xande's throne having completely disappeared. It was in much worse shape now than during the fight with Admes, and that fact alone only brought more confusion. From an endless sea of black to a glowing beacon on its last legs, Eniro knew less and less of what in the hell was going on.

Then came yet another caveat.

Along with the appearance of the Crystal Tower, a person had appeared before Eniro right with it. Adorned in clothes that beffited a noble, an array of pinks, whites, and golds covered their garb with an aura that was nothing Eniro hadn't seen before. But this time, something was...wrong. He had seen this person before now, in instances that he remembered all too well to his own displeasure. Though having never seen their face before, he had known for a fact that they continued to appear for a reason; one that, unfortunately enough, couldn't be brought to bear upon Eniro's heart until this very moment.

"...Eniro. You truly know naught of how wonderful it is to see you again."

Hearing his name be brought up by this figure didn't do him any good; it only served to annoy him further as this wasn't the first time they didn't bother to introduce themselves. Whoever this was had been plaguing the boys mind for two weeks since the attack on Revenant's Toll, and now, it seemed he could finally talk to them without any distractions, regardless of if they had a name or not.

"Huff...Well, I suppose you're here for a reason. What's up?"

"I want to know something that only you could answer. A question that could very well shape the future you wish to lead."

Finally, something that got his attention. The boy raised a hand to his chin and tilted his head as a way to ask them to shoot; whatever question they had, he'd be willing to answer.

"Are you truly ready to take up arms for the life you have been handed? From a mercenary to a hero, murderer to savior...Everything could come crashing down at any moment, but you still persist. You still continue to be you."

The intrigued expression that adorned the boy's face faded into a determined gaze upon hearing this question, giving him a sudden resolve to show this person just how serious he was on living this life to the fullest.

"...I'll be the first to admit that the thought of this all being for nothing scares me, but I owe it to Cyprus to keep going no matter what. He gave me a chance because he understood my pain; He lost his home, his family, everything, and he carried that despair all by himself until the day he met someone who could muscle it with him. I owe it to him to see this new life he's given me through to the end. I know that I'm ready-"