Truth Unto Covenant

28th Sun 
Second Astral Moon 
5:39 PM
Sohm Al 

One glance at the innards of Sohm Al would tell the story of a war never fought. 

With the Immortal Flames at her rear and Ishgard's defenders by her side, Lucia led everyone that came with her on this journey through the rocky and decrepit home of dragonkind's majority. It was a bloody trek on their way to the top, as Strun and Hirsoch stuck by each other the whole way with Ravna opting to steal a plethora of their kills. Stryker, on the other hand, would take this trod up the mountain as a befitting challenge and raced Cyprus to see who could kill the most dragons in a certain interval. One could notice that, because of both the numbers of the group and their combined strength as a unit, that there was no real threat climbing Sohm Al. Nothing that had the potential of killing them, nothing really dangerous besides boulders and caving floors; it was...boring. And Eniro hated being bored. Luckily enough, Alphinaud had been spending his time healing and shielding his allies as they made it further up, not wanting to get himself hurt by fighting on the front lines but also not wanting to leave anyone behind. It was a style of healing that fit the academician perfectly, and with Eniro slipping in and out of the shadows to kill stragglers with one strike, the two of them had the opportunity to speak with each other as out of everyone there, they were in the least "danger".

"I can see right through your chagrin, you know." The Elezen boy said, finishing off a downed wyvern with relative ease.

"What are you talking about?"

"There's something bothering you that you'd rather hide. Whatever it is, keeping secrets on a mission this important will only lead to detriment."

A scoff left the rogue's lips. What would Alphinaud know about him? Why would he care?

"It doesn't matter right now."

"Nanamo wouldn't agree."

...Nanamo? Who was Alphinaud talking about? As the remainder of the group went onward and upward, Eniro stayed behind with the scholar for a spell to question him on whatever knowledge he held.

"Who the hell are you talking about?"

There was venom in his tone. He wanted answers now.

"The name you continued to mutter in your sleep the night before we left for Dravania. Nanamo Ul Namo, the Sultanate of Ul'dah? It must ring a bell if you dreamt of the woman."

"I...I've heard the name before, but I don't know her at all. Was i really muttering her name in my sleep?"

Alphinaud put a hand on his head and tried to deduce what Eniro meant here. He was debating if the Lalafell was actually out of the loop or if he was just that stubborn.

"You know not a thing about her?"

"...Nothin'."

This time, Alphinaud was the person who scoffed, and continued onward while gesturing for Eniro to follow. Something was wrong with him, and the boy needed to find out if they were going to finish this mission as smoothly as they started it. He, like Stryker before him, was worried for Eniro's wellbeing. But the Lalafell still wouldn't tell them the truth. He couldn't. Not when they were so close to finishing their mission.

And so, time passed. It was not long before they were veering closer and closer to the top of the mountain.

Blood drenched the weapons of the heroes while silent looks were traded between one another. Alphinaud made it priority to heal what wounds stood out amongst the group, and would often ask if they were ready for whatever came next out of compassionate worry. However, it soon became clear that the seven were indeed prepared for the final stretch of their walk, and as they reached the second to highest floor, arms in hand, they would find…