Connections Unwritten

28th Sun
Second Astral Moon
3:19 PM
The Acre of Healing

A comforting stream disappeared into the Acre while dragonflies zipped past those who came through. The path leading to its center was flourishing with life of all kinds, birds and insects alike creating their very homes within the peaceful confines of the Seedseer's abode. Today was the first day of G'raha Tia's training under Kan-E-Senna, the latter humbly offering to take the former under her wing and educate him on an elden technique called a Soul Surge. Granted to Louisoix's disciples by the man himself, Kan-E made it evident that this could be the only way to awaken Dariya from her slumber. Not only was this a chance for G'raha to grow stronger amongst his peers, but a chance to right the wrong he committed two weeks past that changed the very state of Eorzea.

"Is there anything more you could tell me? You're leaving me in suspense!"

"Shush. Focus."

One vague response after the other was the best Raha could get out of the woman, serving to remind him of the position they were in as the center of the Acre sat in tranquil silence. Legs crossed, on a log, and with his eyes closed as the Miqo'tes ears wiggled with curiosity, G'raha Tia made his best attempt to focus in on his core; the absolute center of his body and mind, where Kan-E said that mastering would be the first step to unlocking a Soul Surge. However, as with most things, those very steps would be easier said than done. 

"....."

"....."

"...Raha, has your Allagan heritage ever disgraced you in any way?"

One of the archers' eyes opened at that question. Disgraced?

"What could you mean? I'll have you know that I'm rather proud of my blood."

"No, not in a prideful or historical sense. I mean that of a personal bond."

To put it simply, Kan-E couldn't understand how Raha stayed so devoted to his Allagan lineage. From emperors to empresses, rulers to tyrants, all of them came before the boy and set the standard that all Allagan blood is held too to this very day. How could he be proud of something like that?  

"Why would you want those who came before you to represent you? After everything they've done?"

The boy put a hand on his chin in response, signaling to the Seedseer that this was something he'd never even thought about. Pride and history can only take one so far, especially if those two things intertwine to make what the Allagan Empire is foreseen as today.

"...Well, if I had to answer, I'd say that I don't want them to represent me. If anything, I don't even associate with the older generation of Allag."

That was a surprise. This got Kan-E's interest.

"All they did was cause chaos to prove dominance. They struck fear into the hearts of others with the intention of ruling over man. I don't know if I've made it obvious, but that's not why I'm here. I'm no tyrant or emperor. I'm just a bowman with a dream of seeing the world, and all I could ever ask for is to be looked at as more than just an heir to my Empire. Not only that, but I'm not even a full-blood. To put it simply, I serve...a higher authority."

"And what is that authority, might I ask?" Kan-E wondered out loud.

"The protection of my friends and the discovery of this world."

If the tail wagging and ear wiggling wasn't evident enough, G'raha Tia was as happy as can be that he was finally able to be honest about his lineage. Despite how prideful he was for his roots, he wouldn't let all the horrible things his Empire may have done weigh him down, and the boy was at his happiest just the way he was. His words seemed to resonate with Kan-E-Senna enough to where she’d decide on where this path would take them immediately-Acceptance came first, then perseverance, and after what happened to her at the hands of Admes, she’d come to assume that this would be a learning process for the both of them. She was already so, so proud of the Sharlayan archer.