Chapter 1

Picture above is Bella studying in her dark cell.

Bella's POV

I toss and turn as the nightmare the same one replays over and over in my head like a broken record. My body burns from the sweat my tears cascade down my face.

Flashback.

"Mummy after school can I go to Tina's house tomorrow." My ten year old self says. "Of course sweetheart but be back by eight not a minute later Bella." I kiss her cheek as she smiles softly down at me. Then it gets blurry I hear shouting my parents are fighting again I creep the heavy door open a crack enough to see the horror. My father takes a green dagger as my mum dodges his blows. My mother refuses to use her fire on father, she looks pleadingly at my father my father shows only aggression but his wolf Sabre isn't in control. Why is daddy trying to hurt mummy.... my thoughts cut of and tears hurriedly fall down my face as my mother's terrifying scream fills the room. My father stabs her repeatedly in her chest with the dagger as she begs for him to stop. I scream as he sneers in my direction before stomping out of the house. I run to my mums dying body sobbing into her chest. Her breathing is laboured and has blood coming out of her mouth as she lies there lightly stroking my head. "Always r-remember BBBella To h-have c-c-co-ou-urage and b-be Kind. I l-love you sweet-h-heart, n-never f-forget who y-you are." Her hand stilled before collapsing from my head

End of Flashback

I jolt up from my bed panting heavily gripping my hand over my chest "I won't ever forget mother I promise." I say quietly to myself my hair feels sticky to my head. I head to my small bathroom and look into the cracked mirror my tear-streaked face my frizzy sticky hair. My puffy red eyes, I look like shit. It's always the same nightmare. I can tell it's only 2:42am from my digital clock. I take a long warm shower massaging my coconut shampoo and strawberry conditioner into my hair. I shave my legs, armpits etc... then put on my mint body wash feeling cleaner and more relaxed. I will never forget my mother's final words, words I'll live by. "To have courage and be kind." Even if some people don't deserve it.
Once dry I change into my underwear, plain red off-the shoulder crop top and dark blue ripped skinny jeans, socks and leather ankle block heel boots. I then turn on my desk light and study my book of shadows. My witch book containing spells, incantations, potions etc... it's a magical book passed down through the generations of witches. I read the ancient Dagoman language from Australia. My grandmother always said to learn as many ancient languages as possible as a witch you need a wide range.
After several hours of study I hear the dungeon doors open and whisper "lascose chien lipas." Hide Book of Shadows. I quickly bring out my calculus book and take notes as I relax seeing May our cook bring me in breakfast. "I thought you would be up early so I brought you your favourites Bella enjoy." She gave me a small smile and left my mother was always kind to everyone in the pack, my father only demanded respect. My mother always said respect is earned. Hence the pack don't bow to me, they bow in fear for my father and Richard future Alpha. I thank May and eat my toast, Scottish eggs and hash browns yummy. I drink my orange juice and remove everything to the end of my desk as I begin my calculus reading. Not to brag but Tina and I are Top students. Though I'm pretty out of pack affairs Tina will inform me of the latest when she comes over in three hours to begin our homeschooling schedule.