Chapter 5

Pic on the left is supposed to be Raquel dragging her kill back to the house. Right is the protection orb Bella will use to ensure their safety whilst there. Bottom pic is Blake and some of his pack trying to track Bella. Music song is Searching For Love by Akon.

Bella's POV

After my 30 minute nap I felt better I no longer felt faint. Raquel left just under an hour ago I take out my sharpened blades to skin its fur I have no idea what animal she'll kill but I know she'll know it needs to be big enough for us both, no doubt Tina and Raquel will eat the most. I put on the oven Raquel maybe used to eating raw meat but me not so much. I'll wait until Raquel arrives before putting the protection barrier up. So it knows she's also included in the protection. Tina can help me butcher the animal she caught.
I sit at the table till I sense something dead approaching. I get up and open the door for Raquel she got a young stag by herself I'm impressed. "That'll definitely do a few days Raquel good job, never doubted you for a second." If wolves could chuckle she did her best to laugh but it was more of a huff. My crystal swung side to side as she pulled the carcass into the house. Once inside the kitchen Raquel left for upstairs, to shift I placed a large plastic tarp on the floor as I adjusted the animal on it to not stain the floor. I then left to protect the area for three miles.
Once shield is up I arrive back into the kitchen. "Barrier up B?" "Yup all sorted remember the barrier only reaches three miles around the house Tina." She nodded as I begun to help her skin the stag. "Yeah I'll remember B plus Raquel's just thrilled to get out and hunt it's been a while since we actually hunted." "Well she's got plenty of time to get use to it now." Once it was skinned Tina broke its bones as we cut it apart putting the remaining meat we won't be eating today into the fridge. I went to my grandmothers veg garden. It's magic so everything still grows without decaying, I know neat right. I take four carrots and nine potatoes from the garden more veg instantly starts to grow in its place. I wash the veg, then peel the potatoes and carrots I'm doing a venison pie. I chop the leg meat into chunks browning the meat, to seal it then I left it for a few hours, before throwing in my carrots and herbs with stock. Meanwhile I part cooked the potatoes then mashed them placing the potatoes over the meat putting it back in the oven, for dinner. "To think you've been locked up for years and you can still remember how to cook." I laugh yeah odd it feels like second nature, to me, how very domestic of me huh.

Blake's POV

Even though my mate is a witch and disappeared she can't fly so I can still track her tantalising scent citrus and vanilla I leave that poor excuse for an alpha in his pack-house. I go outside ignoring the drooling she-wolves after laying my eyes on my mate what a prize. Although the fact that she took one look at me and still disappeared, really hurts. Kion whimpered at the thought of not being enough for our mate.
Outside and the warriors along with my Beta Nathan and his wolf wrangler who's mate also seems to be tagging along with my mate and is just as keen to have her. Mate's afraid of us. That stopped me in my tracks. Kion whimpered at his own revelation it upset me that we scared her how, we didn't do anything. I push away the negative thoughts remove my clothes along with my pack and shift Kion soon ignores his negative feelings in the search for our mate. When everyone shifts Nathan and I know instantly what direction to take, we head West towards the river, and follow the river easily jumping and dodging fallen logs.
We've been running for hours Jesse where was she going we're heading to no-man's land understandable she's with a she-wolf who is currently now a rogue, but not for long if Nathan and Wrangler have anything to do with it. Being in wolf form is amazing I can hear the heartbeats of the owls in the trees even the spiders creating their webs, my sense of smell is five times better. Darkness approaches we need to eat but my need for Bella is greater. Though as the alpha I can't abuse my packs needs either. "Alright Connor, Derek you take east Nathan and I will take west let's hunt." Following my directions we split up to corner our prey. We discover a large brown bear that should feed us all.
We take it down with ease, and with our ravenous appetites we've soon left nothing but bones I pick up my clothes again and huff signally to the pack it's time to move on. We take off two miles later we change direction towards the North. Now is more promising her scent is so strong here. I slow my pack down Wrangler yips excitedly beside me no doubt his mates scent is overpowering now also. We slowly reach an old house it's recently looks like it's had repairs some of the boards around the house look a lot more new. Connor senses a rogue and growls although he doesn't have authority here in no-man's land. It would be different if we were home. I bite lightly down on his neck but hard enough to break skin. He lowers and moves his head to the side in submission to his alpha, Nathan growls at Conner for showing aggression to his mate. "Alright everyone shift Nathan you come with me everyone else stay on point." I shift and put on my clothes I begin heading up to the house does she know I'm there. I hear a She-wolf snarling must be my mates companion and Nathan's mate. "WE DIDN'T COME HERE TO HURT EITHER OF YOU! We just want to talk. You are my Beta's mate, is my mate going to come out or am I going to have to go in and get her." My eyebrows wiggle oh I hope I get to go in and get her. I walk up until I feel like I just hit a wall even though there was no wall, I stumble back. Very clever little mate "guys she's shielded us out how clever." They all snicker behind me.