Part 1

POV Toya Todoroki

"see Toya, if your good enough to be king these things will be in your army" my farther said pointing to about 20 dragon half-breed children chained up in cages, looking half dead.

"Toya watch this, this is how we keep them under control" my farther said as he had one of his people drag one of the children out of his cage. The boy immediately put his hands up to fight and his hawk-like eyes were looking everywhere for an escape but he couldn't see one. He was starting to panic; it was obvious this wouldn't end well. Then a man came along with an injection and tried to get close to the boy but he fought back causing two guards to run over and hold him still as the injection was administered. He looked like he was suffocating.

"stop, you're hurting him. Stop" I yelled. Then I felt I hard force on the back of my head.

"don't be stupid Toya. He can do more harm to you than we can ever do to him" my farther said

"but he hasn't" I whisper and see my farther raise his hand again. I move quickly over to my mother who hasn't said a word in weeks. She put her had on my head but kept looking at the horrifying sight In front of her, she was almost in tears.

I look back at the boy, he is now limp on the floor. Completely unconscious.

"this solution is strong enough to completely sedate them, we have the control, Toya" my farther said smiling.

Huh huh ... shit that dream again. Dream tch, memory. When did that happen 12, 13 years ago? All that time and I haven't been able to help them, I haven't even been able to find where they are. By the time I got over my fears, I had forgotten where they were. Somewhere in the forest, I think.

The sun is starting to rise, I better get ready.

When I'm dressed and ready, I walk downstairs to see the rest of my family around a table. Well, most of them. I should visit mother today; see how she is.

"Toya how nice of you to join us" my far- enji said

"I'm not late, I'm just the last one here" I say calmly, ha I can sense that made him mad. Time goes on and we eat in silence, until.

"shoto I heard the hunter all might is in town and he's looking for a group of successors to mentor. Why don't you try out?" my sister fuyumi suggested, shoto's face lights up, me and natsuo smiled as well.

"NO, why would he want to do that. Am I not a good enough teacher?" enji shouted at fuyumi

"don't talk to her like that" me and natsuo shouted

"it's okay. Farther, you seem to be quite busy at the moment and you already taught shoto the basics. I thought this will help give shoto a chance to build his skills, get a better insight into the lives of the people and make some friends. I have also talked with the Iida family and they said their son is training to be a knight, like them. Their son is 13 same as shoto, so he can go to help look after him. I think this is a good opportunity that shoto would be foolish to miss out on." Fuyumi said calmly. She's been planning this. Just then a guard walked in. and whispered something to enji. He seemed to get annoyed.

"fine, shoto may try out but if I say quit you quit" he said while storming out of the room

"thank you, sister" shoto said

"no problem shoto, you better hurry try outs are today in about an hour, I already signed you up. All you have to do is meet tenya Iida and try out at the UA guild in an hour" Fuyumi said smiling knowing she had made his day.

"I'll get the horses ready I'm going on a ride today so I'll take you to the guild" I say, if I plan my rout right, I can go past the guild and still get to mothers without any major delay.

About 30 minutes later we were on our way. It was a comfortable silence but still silence.

"it was nice of fuyumi to arrange this for you, wasn't it?" I say hoping to start a conversation. I never knew what to say to shoto. He was raised completely separately from us until recently. Shoto is the youngest and enji's last chance to mould the next ruler in his image but I don't think it's working.

"yeah, it was" is all shoto said. We had been quiet for so long I didn't realise how close we were to then guild.

"okay I'll see you later" I say carrying on as shoto gets off his horse and ties it up.

"Toya, say hi from me" shoto says, I turn, nod and carry on.

It didn't take me much longer to get to a small secluded cottage on the outskirts of enji's land. This house was guarded by the trusted Iida family, the two parents and their oldest, their other child is too young and with shoto at the moment. Inside was only my mother and two maids, but they were only there one at a time. it's the day shift now so inko must be here

I got off my horse and one of the guards too her for me. I walked into the house and it was quiet. I don't know what I expected. There's never any music or sound coming from here. I walk into the front room and see inko and my mum.

"hello dear, its lovely to see you" inko said on her way out.

"hey mom, how are you?"

POV Enji

"HOW HAS THIS HAPPENED?" I yell getting on my horse

"i-It it was an ambush sir. They were ready for us" one of my knights said

"THAT'S NO EXCUSE, YOUR SUPPOSED TO BE THE BEST OF THE BEST. TAKE ME THERE NOW" they said nothing else. Just started moving.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

next part up soon

hope you enjoyed

art found on Instagram not posted by artist but they credited @qrimious