Part 10

POV Rumi

"excuse me, can I help you" a woman's voice asked kindly from inside the room. Shit, she's awake. I say nothing and keep facing the door.

"could you turn to face me please" she askes, I shook my head, I didn't want to talk or let her see my face, we may have to come back and I don't want her to recognise me.

"okay then can you talk to me?" she askes I shook my head again. I need to leave; I start moving towards the window without facing her.

"what are you doing? Please come away from the window" she said sounding worried, I feel kinda bad maybe I should talk to her, she hasn't seen my face. I get up onto the window and I'm about to fly off when she grabs my leg.

"look you don't have to jump, if I caught you stealing, I will forgive you, nothing bad will happen to you, just please get down" she said pleading with me.

"I haven't taken anything from you your highness, I need you to let go, I am going to jump but I will be fine. I say trying to sound polite, her farther is the one I have a problem with not her. right?

"how will you be fine, a fall from this height will certainly end in sever injury or death!" she said tightening her grip on my leg. She's too kind, I'm just going to have to tell her.

"your highness I'm a half breed" I say reluctantly and she doesn't say anything for a while.

"prove it, then I will let you go" she said sounding unfazed by the fact I'm a half breed. I grab my cape off and use it to cover my face, leaving a little gap over one of my eyes so I could see her. I turn so my back is facing the outside. As normal smoke starts coming off my skin and my wings, horns and tail come out, some spots of my skin also turned to scales.

"I see, my apologies miss, I wouldn't have grabbed you if I knew you would be safe" she said letting go of my leg and stepping back.

"don't apologise your highness you were only trying to help. Thank you" I say bowing my head

"just before you go may I ask why you were here?" she said, damnit

"rumi, rumi come on" keigo yelled from outside the window

"unfortunately, that a story for another time your majesty" I say before stepping backwords and flying towards keigo and ... who the hell is that?!

POV Keigo

"rumi, rumi come on" I yelled at rumi who was standing in the window already and she had jumped out within seconds.

"that was a close call, keigo, what the hell" she said gesturing towards toya

"look just go back and I'll be there soon okay, I don't have time to explain right now" I say and she sighed, nodded and started to fly away.

I flew a little further into the woods and landed.

"I'm sorry for bringing you with me i- I just didn't want to leave you there in that situation. You can stay here and go back or you can come with me. It's up to you toya" I said looking at him in the eye. i want him to come with me but I know his family and life is here.

"I want to go with you" he said.

"you do?" I asked I'm kinda shocked he said yes

"yes, there's just one thing I need to do. I'll be quick" he said while grabbing my hand and running deeper into the forest until we came across a small cottage, I quickly turn back into my human form.

"umm, toya where are we?" I ask

"this won't talk long I just want to say goodbye" he responded, we walk into the cottage and a woman with green hair greets us.

"hello toya, who have you brought with you today, would you like some food?" she askes

"sorry inko we haven't got much time, where is my mother" toya askes quickly, this is where his mother lives?

"that's okay, she's in the front room dear" she responds and toya is already gone before she finishes her sentence. She smiled at me as I followed him. I walk in and toya is already mid-sentence.

"- so you won't be seeing me for a while, I'm sure shoto or natsuo will explain more, goodbye mother" is all I caught toya saying. He turned to face me and started walking towards the door.

"I'm sorry toya, be safe, I love you" she said and he froze on the spot. He took a second then turned to her slightly and smiled, before we left.

"you didn't have to make it that quick" I say, he could have had more time with her

"I did, this is where I always go when something happens and enji knows I wouldn't leave without telling her, he is probably already on his way here" toya said as I turn back into my half breed form.

Later in the mountains

POV Toya

We landed and a short elderly woman walked towards us with a confused look of her face, while the younger woman from before walked besides her and looked equally confused.

"keigo welcome back, I see you've brought someone with you" the older lady said

"umm yes this is our new recruit, this is Dabi, the knight I was telling you about rumi" keigo said looking at me. The older woman still looked confused but the younger one, who I'm assuming is rumi, looked like she was lost in thought.

Does he want me to play along and be the knight? The truth will come out eventually and it would be better coming from me now that them finding out later, right?

"I think it's better I tell them who I really am" I whisper to keigo, he looks like he's having a debate with himself inside of his head. Then he nods at me as a que for me to talk. I tell them who I am and why I did what I did. They were shocked and sceptical at first but with a few words from keigo they seemed to trust me a little.

"look I know it will take you a while to trust me and that's completely understandable. I am going to help you and we will kill the king" I say. I know we can find a way; it's just going to take some time.

"why would you want to kill your own farther?" rumi askes while crossing her arms

"i- it's complicated- he- he just isn't a good man, I tried to forgive him but he showed me every time that he doesn't deserve forgiveness. He has done unforgivable things to my siblings, my mother, his Kingdome and his people. His actions bring pain and suffering to hundreds of people every day and I'm sure given the chance many of them would do what we plan to do" I say and they just look at me.

"welcome to the team toy-" rumi begins before I interrupt "Dabi"

"welcome to the team Dabi" she said, I know they won't trust me straight away but it's a start.

POV Keigo

I can hear it in his voice and see it on his face when he talks about the king, he hates him. Before I was unsure but now, I know for certain. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hope you enjoyed 

art found at - Fnatsspammityspamspamham.tumblr