Chapter Eleven

[Eleven]

March 6th, 2014

*Landon*

By the time Lana finished telling me everything that Alpha Castor did to her, I couldn't control the anger that was raging inside of me. I knew it wasn't just my wolf that was furious. I was furious as well. What kind of person finds pleasure in beating women? I understand that his mate was killed, but that isn't a valid enough reason to beat a woman. There will never be a valid reason.

As Lana sits in front of me, crying as she confesses the darkest parts of her past, all I want to do is kill the bastard. He has hurt my mate and I will not stand for it.

I move to leave the bed, feeling my wolf take over. He shoves through my mind, urging to shift on the spot and run to the Cossitt Pack to rip Castor apart. As he gains more control, something I never would have expected happened.

Light entered my eyes. I blinked a few times, trying to convince myself that it was just a glitch. But as I open my eyes, I am met with a white dresser, desk and a door that must lead to the bathroom. My heart beat races and I look over to see Lana sitting on the bed. Her watery eyes widen as she gasps. "Landon!"

I look down to see I am in-fact still in my human form. That's not possible. I reach over and I watch as my hand, my hand, touches her gray pale cheek. She leans her head into my hand and I reveal in the feeling. "I can see you." I whisper. She lets out a sob, grabbing hold of my hand and clutching it to her chest. How is this possible? "You're so beautiful."

I take my free hand and run it through her hair, watching the way is slides through my fingers and falls gracefully on her shoulders.

Seeing Lana in my wolf form is exhilarating. She is the most beautiful person on this earth. But to see her here, now, I can't explain the feeling. To be able to see her as myself, not as an animal is unimaginably, utterly life-changing. To watch the way her cheeks blush as I run my fingers over them, or the way her eyes glisten in the light when I touch her hair.

Life can never get better than this moment. I have peaked.

As my anger dissipates, so does my wolf. And once my wolf is pressed into the depths of my mind, my sight turns back to the endless dark abyss.

I feel Lana place both of her hands on my cheeks, caressing my face before she presses her lips against mine. "I love you, Landon Grey Matthews."

Her words hang in between us and I can't help but take a deep breath, letting them sink in and overwhelm me. Her confession of love consumes me. I could live off her love. It's all I need. "I love you, Lana Marie Pierce." I place a kiss to her lips. "And I promise you that we will stop Castor Vang. He will not hurt you ever again."

"No, I don't want you to fight him, Landon. He's extremely powerful." I know what she says is true. The Cossitt pack may be small but they are strong. They've always had a strong line of Alpha's, but that only makes it worse. A man of his strength was beating on an Omega. My Omega. And so he will pay for hurting my mate.

"Lana, he is harming other women as well. We have to save them. Think of your brother, of Jesse... We need to save them." Lana didn't respond after that and I knew I won the argument... for now.

*Lana*

Shortly after our discussion, we head down for breakfast.

I can't help but keep thinking of Landon being able to see me. He was able to see while in human form, and I know that was the most precious gift anyone could give him.

Once we get downstairs, I see Mason and Natalie already sitting at the table. "Morning, Luna!" Natalie says, laughing as she does so. I shake my head, rolling my eyes as Landon leads me by my hand to our seats. He pulls out my chair and tucks it in under me. I am amazed how much his wolf has improved his sense of where everything is.

"Don't call me that." I say as food is place on the table. I grab the class of orange juice given to me and take a sip. 

"This is so weird. I feel like I should be in there helping." I hear Jenny say. I look over to see her walk in, running a hand through her hair as she eyes the kitchen doors. Then she offers me a smile. "Sleep well?" 

I blush beet red, bowing my head as she sits at the table. Mason lets out a throaty chuckle while Natalie and Jenny giggle. "She slept like the dead. She even snores a little bit." Landon says. My mouth gapes open as I stare at him in utter shock. Is he being serious? I do not snore! 

Please tell me I don't snore... "Hey!" I slap his arm. "That is not true!" I refuse to accept that I snore.

"I'm sorry, sweetheart. But you do. It's soft though, like a little purring." He grins at me, knowing he is effectively embarrassing me. 

I drop my head into my hands and let out a groan. Please be a dream... please be a dream...

Everyone laughs around the table and I just want the ground to swallow me whole. "I hate you." I grit out. Landon laughs a deep, hearty laugh. 

The table grows quiet and I look over to see Blondie staring at his best friend. He then leans over to give him a pat on the shoulder. "I haven't heard that laugh in four years." Landon shrugs off his friend's hand and shakes his head.

"That's just because you're not funny." Landon jokes. Blondie's shoulders sag a little in mock defeat before he leaps from his chair and tackles Landon to the ground. 

Natalie, Jenny and I get to our feet, watching at the two best friends tussle on the ground. Landon easily dodges his friend's swings, causing Blondie to be surprised. Landon's bright blue eyes glance at me for a moment before they focus on his opponent. 

Blondie watches Landon before he shifts flawlessly into his wolf, giving a soft growl. Landon follows suit and the dining area becomes cramped with the two large wolves. "Take it outside, boys! I will not have you two ruin the furniture!" I holler, waving them outside. They listen, biting and snapping at each other as they run out the back doors to the open yard. 

"What's with all the noise?" Trent enters the room in nothing but gray sweats. I cover Natalie's eyes and glare at my brother. 

"Don't you own a shirt?!" I snap, shaking my head at him. Trent looks down at his muscular chest and abdomen before he shrugs. 

"Why would I cover the moon goddess's gift? Women would be very disappointed." I pretend to puke, making gagging noises. Trent waves me off, walking over to grab a piece of bacon from the middle of the table. "What did I miss?" He nods to the two wolves wrestling outside. 

"They're just being themselves again." Natalie voices, pulling away from me to exit the house to watch her brother and Blondie fight. Trent walks over and loops an arm around my shoulder. 

He follows Natalie with his eyes, a small smile forming on his lips. If he wasn't a werewolf, I'd think he was a pervert. But I understood that look, that admiration. "She's mine." He whispers. 

Oh my god.... "Trent, you're eight years older than her..." His expression drops and he nods his head. She won't be able to recognize him as her mate until she is eighteen. However, if he marks her at sixteen, her wolf will confirm the match. But that is very unlikely to happen. Trent isn't the selfish type. Plus, I doubt Landon will let Trent live if he does.

"Yes. And I will wait the seven years until she sees me as her mate. It'll be worth it." In seven years, Trent will be twenty six and I will be twenty five. In seven years, his life will finally begin. 

I felt bad for Trent. I mean, it's wonderful that he found her... but he can't be with her. Trent, the most selfless man I know, has to wait seven years to be with his mate. It just doesn't seem fair to me. 

"What will Landon think?" Trent asks. Landon will protect Natalie until the day he dies. And so will Trent. 

"He will think what I am thinking. That Natalie couldn't have gotten a better mate." I say, smiling up at my brother. He nods, looking after the high-spirited girl who is cheering on her brother. This will be a long journey for my brother. He will have to leave his home behind, and that will enrage Castor.

Castor will lose a great warrior and that alone will cause him to seek out Trent. He will rage war on whoever has taken him prisoner or has provided him shelter. 

Soon, Castor will find Trent and he will find me. Soon, there will be a battle that I fear Landon will not be strong enough to take on.