Chapter Thirteen

[Thirteen]

March 10th, 2014

*Lana*

It's been five days since Trent and Jesse have come to the Shadow Pack. Landon doesn't seem to mind and I'm glad, because this is their new home. I keep telling Trent that he just needs to tell Landon, that the longer he waits, the worse it will be. Trent's just worried that Landon will keep Natalie away from him. And knowing Landon, that is a possibility... No it's a probability. 

But Landon needs to know that we will be having two more people joining our pack. I would be more than willing to tell Landon, if Trent wasn't mated to Natalie. It's not my place to tell Landon. 

I sit beside Jesse on the back patio, watching Blondie and Zane train Jenny. She is strong and she is learning quickly. "She's good." Jesse says, her eyes taking in Jenny's stance and the way she glides away from the swings Mason or Zane throws at her. Jesse was a warrior, a Theta, at the Cossitt Pack. She is well-rehearsed in the matter of fighting. 

"How are you settling in?" I ask her. Jesse doesn't seem to listen as her eyes drift over to the shirtless Blondie. He is dripping in sweat as he stands in a fighting position, his toned stomach sucked in, he hands up by his face and his legs lightly spread apart. He ducks at a swing Jenny throws and delivers a harsh one to he rib. 

Jenny lets out a grunt but shakes it off, facing Zane. Blondie straightens his back and looks over at Jesse, offering her a smile. Her cheeks blush a slight pink as she bows her head, tucking a piece of hair behind her ear. 

"You've got to be joking." I whisper under my breath. Jesse looks over, her eyebrows raising. I point to Blondie. "He's your mate?" I ask. By the look on her face and the way she opens and closes her mouth like a gaping fish, I knew my answer. I nod my head and press my lips together. "Blondie, get over here." I growl. 

Blondie, Zane and Jenny all cease their fighting to look over at me. Blondie as a look of confusion before he walks over to stand in front of me. "Yes, Luna?" I get to my feet and look him up and down before I grab the back of his neck and bring him down so he's eye level with me. His face turns to one of horror.

"Mark my words, Mason Anthony Danielson. If you so much as touch my best friend in a way she doesn't want, I will murder you. If you break her heart, I will break your face and then I will murder you. Are we clear?" Blondie just stares at me with complete and utter fear. He nods his head and clears his throat.

"Yes, Luna." I arch an eyebrow. I knew Blondie wouldn't hurt her, he was too selfless. But I still needed to state my threat. I release Blondie's neck and he stands up straight, looking between Jesse and me. I hear Jesse laugh softly behind me. 

"Landon, you mate is vicious." Blondie mumbles, taking a few steps away from me. I look over to see Landon walk out of the house, wearing faded jeans and a simple black tee. He is also wearing sunglasses, much to my dismay. 

Landon breathes through his nose, his head turning in my direction. He then walks over and wraps an arm around my shoulder, placing a kiss to my forehead. "Yes she is. And I'm sure she had every right to be." Landon says. I grin, raising my eyebrows at Blondie. He glares, sticking his tongue out at me. 

"Oh, real mature." I shake my head. "I was only giving him a tiny threat." I tell Landon. He has a smile on his face and I can tell that he knows I'm lying. 

"She threatened to kill me, Landon!" What a tattletale. 

"You must have done something wrong." Blondie gasps, placing a hand over his head.

"You wound me, bro. I thought our relationship was more than that..." Blondie sniffles, pretending to wipe tears away. I arch my right right brow, taking in his charade. "Jesse's my mate." He says, his tone turning from teasing to serious.