Chapter Fourteen

[Fourteen]

March 10th, 2014

*Lana*

After laying on the forest ground for a good twenty minutes, waiting to see if Landon would return to apologize to me, I make my way back to the Pack House. The pain I feel is indescribable. He practically called me useless.

Ever since I was a child, I have been told that I was useless. That I was nothing but an Omega. Your mate is the last person on the earth that should ever call you names. You're supposed to feel safe and loved with them, not hurt and futile.

I love Landon and I never want him to be disappointed in me. If he really thinks that I am useless, then I want to talk to him and work on changing his opinion of me.

Lana? Are you okay? Blondie asks through the mind link. I pick up my pace to get back home, not wanting to be in the forest for another minute.

I'm fine. I say, blocking my mind as I reach the forest line. I shift back to my human form and grab the clothes that I left on the ground for the run. I pull them on and hastily walk to the house, pulling open the back door to see Mason and Jesse sitting on the couch, watching TV. They turn their heads when they hear me come in.

"Hey sexy. What happened to you?" Jesse asks. I just shake my head, silently telling her that we will discuss this later. I grab an apple from the bowl of fruit in the middle of the kitchen table. I bite into it as I make my way upstairs to take a hot bath and change into my pajamas.

As I soak in the tub, chowing down on the Honeycrisp apple, I contemplate on what I should say to Landon when he comes back upstairs. Should I just go on as if what he said didn't wound me? No. Landon hurt me and he deserves to understand that what he said was not okay. I am his mate and by accepting me, he has accepted that I am to be apart of the packs decisions. This is my pack too, I am the Luna and "tending to the women" is not my only job.

Once the water starts to get cold, I pull the plug and step out, wrapping a plush towel around my body. I look in the mirror, grabbing Neutrogena makeup wipes to remove all my makeup. Then I grab a bottle of facial lotion and lather my face in the vanilla scented lotion. I then brush my teeth and use mouthwash before I exit the bathroom to grab clothes from my dresser.

Landon placed my dresser right beside the closet and bathroom, while his was on the other side of the room, closer to the bed.

I put on pink pajama shorts with a white night shirt, tossing my hair up into a high bun before I crawl in bed. I pull the brown and gold comforter up around my shoulders, cuddling into the warm bed. I look to see that it is only eight o'clock. Landon won't be coming to bed for another two or three hours.

I close my eyes and will myself to go to sleep. I just want today to be over with. I want tomorrow to come.

Before I know it, I am whisked into a deep dream filled with Landon and I, our friends and even our future children. In my dream, Landon doesn't have any weight on his shoulders, he is completely, blissfully happy. The pack survived Castor's assault, Landon has been able to call upon his wolf more easily so he can see. We have parented two beautiful children, a six year old blonde little girl and a three year old dark haired boy.

The dream was light and happy, no one was sad. Natalie was happy with my brother as Jesse was with Mason. Jenny found her own mate, and I pictured him as a dark haired man with a subtle beard. Other than those features, he was pretty much faceless.

I am taken away from my dream when the bed gives in behind me, groaning a little. Landon place a hand on my arm but I make no move to get closer to him. He tries to pull me closer to him but I tense and shake his hand off of me. "I'm tired, Landon." I grumble, burying my face into my pillow. That wasn't true, however. I was completely awake now.