Chapter 5

Chapter 5: Dance First, Think Later
Julia's POV
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I was over at the new spa place that Maddie, Helen, and Dana Sue have worked so hard to build. It was the grand opening and I was hired to help greet the people who entered and gave tours to anyone who wanted one.

An hour or so into the night, Noreen walked in looking very lost and confused. I decided to go to her and help her look not as lost. I felt bad for the woman even though she's pregnant with Ty's dad's baby. "Noreen, hey!" I greeted her with a smile as I walked over to her.

She was standing in the foyer looking around like a lost sheep. "Julia, hi..." Noreen replied back in a shy tone.

"Here, let me show you around," I suggested to her. Noreen agreed so I happily took her further into the place.

"So, I've seen you and Ty made up after that scene at church," Noreen started a conversation with me and I guided her around the building.

"Yeah after spending a day apart, we eventually made up," I said with a slight smile on my face.

"I don't mean to assume now, but are you and Ty dating?"

I instantly snorted at her comment and shook my head no. "No, we're not together. Just best friends since birth."

"My apologizes," Noreen shyly replied as she lowered her head slightly.

"Oh no, it's fine. Everyone always assumes that at first when they meet us," I stated to her, trying to make her feel better.

"There you are! It's almost nine, we gotta go," Annie hollered out to Noreen and I as she approached us.

"Oh shoot!" I said as I looked over at the clock on the wall. "I have to go, it was nice to see you. Hope you enjoy the place!" I stated to Noreen before grabbing Annie's extended hand and following her towards the door.

As we walked towards the front door we saw Maddie's mom talking to the three co-owners. "Ms. Paula? Can we catch a ride?" Annie asked with a hopeful voice.

"Of course, sweeties!"

"Hey, text me when you get there and back by 11:30 to help clean up," Dana Sue spoke up to her daughter. Annie nodded her head and with that, we left and headed to the baseball function that was being held at Jackson's house.

As we walked into Jackson's house, I handed Annie her camera from the bag she gave me. "Thank you, J."

"No problem, it's part of my duties as your assistant," I comment with a smile on my face.

Maddie's mom left to greet some people, leaving Annie and I roam. Annie walked over to tables and started taking their pictures. "Hey CeCe," I said as we locked eyes.

"Hey... look, I'm sorry for how I treated you at school after that night. It was uncalled for. You didn't make me dress up like a crazy person."

"In my opinion you didn't look crazy," I said smiling at her. The microphone feedback kicked on causing everyone to look up at the balcony where the speaker was.

Jackson's father stood up there and started the evening off. "I'd like to thank y'all for coming out tonight and supporting these fine boys." Everyone clapped before he continued. "And a special thank you to Coach Maddox for taking such good care of our boy Jackson."

I walked away from CeCe and stood next to Annie. I gave her an annoyed look as I heard Jackson's father mention his son during his speech. Annie laughed at me before we listened further.