Chapter 9

Chapter 9: Where You Find Me

Julia's POV

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Hey," Ty greeted me with a smile as I was brushing my teeth in his bathroom.

"Hi," I mumbled back as I continued to finish brushing my teeth.

"Can we make a pact?" Ty questioned me as he leaned against the bathroom door frame with his arms crossed over his chest.

"What kind of pact?" I replied after I spit the toothpaste out of mouth into the sink. I turned on the water to wash the spit down the sink and finish rinsing my mouth.

"We don't say yes to anyone that asks us to prom," Ty stated with a nervous look.

"You don't wanna go?"I asked him as I wiped my mouth dry.

"No," Tyler admitted as he came into the bathroom and wrapped his arms around my waist as he stared at me through the bathroom mirror. Ty rested his chin on my head while letting out a sigh. "I just hate dances."

"We can skip it together then," I agreed to his idea, not wanting to go to the dance either.

"You'd be okay with not going and just spending the night together watching a movie or something?" Ty asked me slightly shocked.

"Yeah," I smiled at him through the mirror as we maintained our eye contact. "I'm not really feeling a dance either."

"You're the best," Ty smiled brightly before squeezing his arms tighter around me. "Thank you."

"No problem," I chuckled at him before we heard his mother call for him. I closed the bathroom door as Tyler left so I could get changed for school; making sure I had on the correct dress code requirement for the mock trial that was today.

"I gotta get Kyle up," Ty explained to me as he came back from downstairs and informed me once he entered his bedroom, noticing me strapping on my shoes. "You looked nice."

"Thank you, you don't so bad yourself," I chuckled at him as I stood up from my spot once I finished putting my shoes on.

"CeCe is gonna come to school with us. She's gonna be here soon," Ty informed me.

"Sweet," I smiled in response before Tyler left to wake up his brother.

I went downstairs as Tyler spoke to his brother. CeCe walked up to the front door as I came down the steps with my backpack on my shoulder. "Good morning, CeCe," I greeted the girl as I opened the screen door for her.

"Did you spend the night..." CeCe questioned me with a weird look.

"Yeah, I spend the night like every other night," I chuckled in response. "My dad isn't home a lot with his job so I crash here so I don't feel so alone in my house."

"Oh," CeCe nodded her head. "Hey, real quick." I gave CeCe a confused look before she spoke up after her short pause. "Can you, um, give Ty and I more alone time?"

"Huh?" I asked confused on what she meant.

"Like do you always have to tag along in the mornings to school with Tyler and I?" CeCe asked me. "I would prefer to spend some alone time with Tyler without you always around. I don't feel comfortable around you."

"Excuse you?" I questioned stunned. I had no idea she felt this way since we spent the whole time talking during Kyle's play and she had no problem with me then.

"It's just getting bit annoying. Plus I don't trust you with him."

"You don't trust me with him?" I snapped back lost on where her anger was coming from. "There's nothing going on between us if that's what you're thinking. It's completely platonic."