Chapter 3

Chapter 3: Give Drink to the Thristy
Julia's POV
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"See you next time?" Marcus asked me as we exited the library together. I nodded my head and gave him a warm smile before walking off towards the parking lot.

I saw Tyler walking along the parking lot with an annoyed look on his face. "Hey Townsend! Wait up!" I caught up with him as he let out a loud huff. "You okay?"

"I'm fine," Tyler said with a fake smile.

"I don't believe that," I replied back as I adjusted the straps on my backpack.

"I'm fine, for real," Tyler insisted as we walked down the side walk towards his house.

"What happened with you and CeCe yesterday?" I questioned him.

"Nothing, just some prank Kyle pulled on her," Tyler responded.

"You know she was really hurt, right?"

"What is this? Forty million questions?" Tyler huffed at me as he stopped walking and threw his hands up in the air.

"Tyler, I-."

"Sorry," Tyler said letting out a sigh before rubbing his fingers over his eyes. "My mom didn't pick me up today and Jackson got on my nerves again at practice and I decided to take my anger out on you and that's not okay."

"Hey," I spoke up softly as I placed my hand on his left bicep. "We all have bad days. Just try to ignore Jackson. Who cares what that moron says anyways."

"True," Tyler said chuckling with a smile on his face as he shook his head.

"Now live in up," I said pushing his shoulder. "I prefer happy Tyler."

"I prefer happy Tyler," Ty mocked me using wimpy hand gestures.

I was about to open my mouth when a truck stopped next to us. "You two need a ride home?" Coach Maddox questioned us as his window rolled down. Tyler and I accepted the ride from Coach Maddox.

"Do you want me to drop you off at your place?" Tyler's coach questioned we as he began to drive. I was seat in the middle between the driver and passenger seat with Tyler on my right.

I opened my mouth to answer, but Tyler cut me off, "she's coming over to my place to work on homework."

Coach Maddox nodded his head as I rolled my eyes. "You mean while I read the book and you sleep on the couch?" I questioned Ty with a raised eyebrow.

"That was one time!" Tyler gasped as me.

"Whatever, you still fell asleep on me."

"You two are close, eh?" Coach Maddox asked us with a curious tone to his voice.

"I, unfortunately, have been stuck with this guy since I can remember," I answered honestly.

"It's not that bad," Ty huffed out. "You're just as bad as I am."

"I am not."