11. It's corny. - Nick

An unreadable expression in his eyes, Brian separates from SiSi and joins Lauren while Sierra's excited grin grows wider as she skips over

An unreadable expression in his eyes, Brian separates from SiSi and joins Lauren while Sierra's excited grin grows wider as she skips over. Within seconds, I deduce he dreads sitting with Lauren, and he accepted Sierra's invitation to be in our wedding party.

The way she feels about Brian is akin to me and my brother Luke. I would hate if we were at odds like they were. Would despise if he thought it was a mistake for me to marry her. He would be wrong, but it would suck.

She slips in between my knees and places her back against my front. I squeeze her to me, placing a kiss on the crown of her head. "My sunshine girl."

"Hello, my love. He said yes!"

I love her happy smile. Whatever jealousy that lingered between Brian and me at some point last year vanished long ago; I'm thrilled their friendship is on its way to solid again. "Awesome!"

Most of the group around us is rowdy, but we cuddle up and stare at the fire contentedly, listening to the crackle as the flames lick the logs. "What are you thinking about?" she asks, tipping her head up to the blanket of stars.

"It's corny," I say, with a sheepish chuckle.

She nudges me. "What?"

A long minute ticks by before I speak up again. "You know when we took a break at the end of last year?"

"A horrible couple of weeks."

Burying my face into her hair, I sit up straighter. Her soft pink hoodie rubs against my chin, and I tighten my hold, loving the sensation of her wrapped up in my arms. "Well, I was just thinking how it felt. Everything warm and bright was gone, and I felt like I stumbled through my days in cold darkness."

"Nicholas," she says, her tone impassioned. "So romantic, and maybe corny—but I love it."

"One day, you just showed up and made a sarcastic joke, and I fell in love with your everything. My day started and ended with you, Sierra."

"Sometimes your voice gives me butterflies," she sighs, turning around to watch me with those big, beautiful eyes that lay me bare with vulnerability. "I know exactly how you feel," she whispers, brushing her velvety mouth to mine.

Casting around a furtive glance, I wait to see if anybody's watching. The two of us get a bad rap for our PDA, and we're in close quarters, but she's hard to resist. All I want is to pull her on top of me and kiss her breathless. My amazing, sexy, thoughtful fiancé.

"I was numb before I met you, without knowing it," she says, her clear voice low and sweet. She ditched her glasses in favor of contacts this weekend, and her gentle midnight blue eyes are so heartbreakingly beautiful, they could drown me. "And when we were apart, I made myself busy, so I could just be on autopilot. But when I'm with you, I'm breathing and alive."

The atmosphere shifts, and then neither of us cares who is around.

Kneeling, she turns in my arms and grips my hair while our mouths meet in a series of short pecks before melting into passionate, breathless kisses, and I'm about to lose my fucking mind once she rakes her fingernails against my back, pushing her perfect tits against my chest.